AICS magazines

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
So I have a savage 110 tactical in 6.5 PRC and it has the metal 10rd AICS magazine. It feeds great and have no real issues with it performance wise.

What I don’t like is it has a rattle to it. I’m looking at one of the 5rd magpul p mags for it so I don’t have as large of a mag when hunting and also hoping it reduces the annoying rattle in the mag. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have them for a few bolt guns as well as a pile of other magpul stuff. They work fine and don’t have a rattle. In fact, I had an AICS mag split down the middle and have stopped using a few others since I bought the Magpul’s. I am sure some power users may have other opinions on options but for me they are fine.

tdot

WKR
So I have a savage 110 tactical in 6.5 PRC and it has the metal 10rd AICS magazine. It feeds great and have no real issues with it performance wise.

What I don’t like is it has a rattle to it. I’m looking at one of the 5rd magpul p mags for it so I don’t have as large of a mag when hunting and also hoping it reduces the annoying rattle in the mag. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage also makes a composite 3 round AICS mag for their Scout rifles.

The $30 Magpul plastic 5-round is a must-have/works ideal. Another super design for an AICS chassis are the MDT versions that have a metal top throat section over a full plastic magazine and follower - very quiet and no rattle.

TB B4

FNG
It does use the long action AICS mag, correct? Looking at picking one of these up for my son but the 8 round mag is a bit much.