AK draw results

AkEli76

FNG
DS140!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just drew the ds140 tag for the 2021 season! This is my first sheep hunt so if you have any insight as to places to start scouting or even just what to expect for weather I would greatly appreciate it! I gotta admit I’m excited but also intimidated the hunt area is huge

I drew the DS140 sheep tag anybody got any insight into this hunt? I have no clue where to even start but I sure am excited
Congrats!!! We got lucky- we went in planning on a 12 day hunt. 1 day hike in, 1 day hike out and the 10 day season. It was our first sheep hunt as well and we made a couple mistakes. Too much doubling up unnecessarily, packed in too much food. But we learned a lot. Have you backpack hunted before?

mad far as weather we got lucky. Apparently a couple years ago guys got a lot of snow. We saw snow and saw it get lower every day.
But beyond 30 straight hours of rain and 25 mph winds with gusts to 50+ we had pretty good weather. Constant winds, cool temps, but we saw sun everyday.

this hunt will be hard because you will have to prepare for temps from 60 to 28. You will have to decide how to handle that. We had frost or ice on the tents multiple morning better never snow in camp.

send me a PM and let’s talk more!!! That’s going to be an awesome hunt. We couldn’t get inside 300 yards on Rams so I hope you have better luck!

ColeyG

WKR
You have a much better chance finding a new wife than drawing a TMA tag. Pretty easy decision.

Yes! My son's birthday is August 8th and he was born 4 years ago. Haven't missed a sheep hunt for 6-7 years now. Don't plan to anytime soon. In a couple of more years the timing will actually be pretty cool, getting to drag him around the sheep mountains for his birthday. For now it means having bday parties a little early.

A gal that I work with just told me about her husband being all excited when he found out that he drew a sheep tag. They just completed their first year in Alaska and this was his first time putting in for Alaska tags. I looked up his name and found out that he drew DS102 (TMA). I explained to her why he was so excited and that he had every right to be, but she said that it made no difference because she was not going to allow him to go. Apparently, she just recently found out that she is pregnant and due on Aug. 5. So, in her words "There's no way in hell my husband will be going on a hunt this year!" The first thing that came to my mind was the opening line in an old Lauretta Lynn song "Our D.I.V.O.R.C.E. becomes final today."
To be fair, if it's the first kid you just let the bullets fly and hope one sticks; especially if it's been taking a while. Dude did a poor job picking a wife or wasn't clear in priorities before getting married! I would be doing all I could to get labor moving along a couple weeks early! We found out we were having our first kid two days before draw results came out a few years ago. Wife drew Eagle River goat that year and she made the 6 mile hike and slept 3 days on the ground 34 weeks pregnant to try and make it happen!

trapperJ

Lil-Rokslider
In a state that has 25% of all the sheep in North America, you wouldn't think it would be so dang hard to draw a sheep tag. I drew a tag 9 years ago so I figure I have a good 5 years before i can start thinking I'm due for another one. But you never know, a guy can hope.
I haven't drawn a sheep tag in the 28 years I've put in for them. But that hasn't stopped me from sheep hunting. That's the beauty of living in a state that has 25% of all the sheep in North America......