AK FNG

OP
C

CJ AK

FNG
I looked at those boats and decided that it wasn’t worth it.

I’m all about saving gas and the sjx wasn’t a gas saver.

Are you on Facebook? Interior boaters association is a decent group for interior river runners.
Im with you... better mpgs equals more range and less tankering, which is a big deal for 400 mile trips.The SJX gas usage seems relatively good given it's power and performance capabilities. My main concern is reliability. It does appear to be better than an optimax, but no where near outboard reliability. I bit the bullet and threw in the order a couple months ago, now I'm hoping to have it spring of 25. Thanks group listing. I'll check it out, already on South Cental Alaska Jetboats. Good bunch of guys with great advice

OP
C

CJ AK

FNG
CJ AK welcome. I just moved up to Alaska from Idaho 5 months ago.

Beautiful country up here! Looking forward to becoming an AK resident !
That is one dandy of a mulie you have there. Your going to love it here. There is so much opertunity even year round if you work at it.

It’s a big move! Yeah we like it so far. It’s been colder than a witches tit in a brass bra tho…-27 at work the other morning here in Palmer.

What part of Alaska do you live in?

And thanks about the Mulie…I’m all about diy hunting… but really want to shoot a sheep. One of the main reasons I moved my family up here!

OP
C

CJ AK

FNG
It’s a big move! Yeah we like it so far. It’s been colder than a witches tit in a brass bra tho…-27 at work the other morning here in Palmer.

What part of Alaska do you live in?

And thanks about the Mulie…I’m all about diy hunting… but really want to shoot a sheep. One of the main reasons I moved my family up here!
I'm in South Anchorage. And your right, it's a really big move to come here but it's one I wish I did 20 years ago instead of 5. I came up from Utah and everytime I go visit I don't miss it. I don't ever want to go back.

It's been a record breaking year for both snowfall and cold. Thankfully the weather gypsies say next week is going to be normal temperature wise.

I know of guys that do well sheep hunting,, one has his own plane witch helps a lot. I'm not a certified bad ass so I hunt most of the other 4 legers.

Im with you... better mpgs equals more range and less tankering, which is a big deal for 400 mile trips.The SJX gas usage seems relatively good given it's power and performance capabilities. My main concern is reliability. It does appear to be better than an optimax, but no where near outboard reliability. I bit the bullet and threw in the order a couple months ago, now I'm hoping to have it spring of 25. Thanks group listing. I'll check it out, already on South Cental Alaska Jetboats. Good bunch of guys with great advice
Just plan and start saving. lol

Speed will be nice too. I ultimately decided to keep my Saturn Kaboat with a 15hp motor. 60 miles in burn 3 gallons of gas. Just limited space.

I'm in South Anchorage. And your right, it's a really big move to come here but it's one I wish I did 20 years ago instead of 5. I came up from Utah and everytime I go visit I don't miss it. I don't ever want to go back.

It's been a record breaking year for both snowfall and cold. Thankfully the weather gypsies say next week is going to be normal temperature wise.

I know of guys that do well sheep hunting,, one has his own plane witch helps a lot. I'm not a certified bad ass so I hunt most of the other 4 legers.
Yeah it’s been cold I was down there Shovling a roof today -12.

I’m originally from Connecticut… never cold like this there or in Idaho. But I like it!

Can’t wait for the smoke free summers. Idaho has been really tough the last few years.