Alabama Newbie

Jlott9311

FNG
I've been lurking for a while now, and finally decided to make a trip out west next September. I do a decent amount of public land hunting around Alabama and I'm excited to put this new gear to use this fall.

spc7669

Lil-Rokslider
What are you thinking as a target for your first trip? I’m leaning antelope.

OP
J

Jlott9311

FNG
What are you thinking as a target for your first trip? I’m leaning antelope.
Me and a buddy contemplated between goats or mule deer. I think we've decided to just buy elk tags and see what we can do. Were going in with low expectations, but we can't learn from not going. At the very least it'll be an awesome camping trip.

Mythewood

FNG
Welcome!
Another Bammer here. Damn Yankee variety but managed not to wear out my welcome after 25 years.

Where are trying for elk and when?

OP
J

Jlott9311

FNG
Welcome!
Another Bammer here. Damn Yankee variety but managed not to wear out my welcome after 25 years.

Where are trying for elk and when?

Colorado and next September. We haven't narrowed down a unit, but we are for sure making the trip. We've talked about it for about 5 years now and were finally at a place where we can (somewhat) afford it.

Welcome. Enjoy your first trip! You have a great attitude about you first trip....planning to learn from it and going in with realistic expectations will be key to enjoying it.