FNG from Alabama

zdc1775

FNG
Like the title says, I'm a new guy here and I'm from Alabama. Not sure how I've never run across this place before but I was trying to convince someone on another forum that 22 centerfires were perfectly acceptable for deer and another member posted the 223 for everything thread to help support the argument. So I've joined up and read through all of those and it's been interesting.

Looking forward to sticking around, expanding my knowledge base, and maybe even sharing some stories of my own.

griller

FNG
Good to have you here! I used to hunt about 15 minutes outside Monroeville & really miss the woods down there.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new AL member.

Eddie

OP
zdc1775

zdc1775

FNG
Thank you all for the welcome.

Good to have you here! I used to hunt about 15 minutes outside Monroeville & really miss the woods down there.

Have to say, I've never been hunting in that part of the state, but I understand that it is pretty good country. I grew up in the north-central part of the state and moved back to the Huntsville area after the military for the jobs there.

Most of the hunting growing up was on my family's farm just outside of Cullman and on a hunting lease we maintained just outside the Talladega National Forest near Iron City. Now it's on mine and some of my neighbors property just south of the Tennessee state line and on a lease in Jackson county.

I'm hoping to make it back out west next year for some mule deer and elk hunting again. This year's trip was a DIY black bear hunt in north Georgia, sadly wasn't able to find a bear I wanted to shoot.