Alaska Airlines

WolfpackNOgun

Lil-Rokslider
What is everyones thoughts on Alaska Airlines, good, bad, indifferent? Have you had issues flying with your firearms? Problems losing luggage? Or has it been a breeze dealing with their service reps and crews?

I’ve only flown with them once back in 17 but we had zero issues. They were very helpful in Alaska with getting my meat and two moose racks home. I’d fly with them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What is everyones thoughts on Alaska Airlines, good, bad, indifferent? Have you had issues flying with your firearms? Problems losing luggage? Or has it been a breeze dealing with their service reps and crews?
0 issues with 400+ segments in the last 5 years. 20 or so with guns.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They have been great for me so far. Never any issues with weapons since I started using AA. Had a bow case destroyed with a different carrier. I'll use Alaska every chance I can from here on out.

Generally good experiences with them. Did get some "attitude" with some of the
reps at the check in / out in Bethel and Juneau.

Very good. Not quite as simple as Southwest, but close. And they don't blink an eye at firearms, and dead critters.

Jeremy

A+
I flew my lab up with them to Anchorage! It was a great experience and I’d do it again.
They fly meat too. Just tell them you have perishable items in a bag or box and they mark it. Gets put in a part of the plane to keep it cold.

I think Alaska is superior to all the other airlines by a margin. I probably averaged about 50 flights a year prior to 2020 and think pretty highly of Alaska.

Awesome experiences past 8 years flying in and out of AK. They have best customer service in the industry, which is a relief since they're the only ones operating up here...

For what it’s worth, United is the only one that’s misplaced a firearm of mine. Got it back after a crazy mixup (I think it wound up in another city after a mixed connection). A 44 mag wheel gun to boot! This was before 9/11.

up until this spring, I flew AK Airlines exclusively for 30 years. The Past 10 years for 5 hunt trips each fall.
Due to Covid 2020, I drove instead to multiple states this past fall for my hunts. Not done hunting yet, AZ OTC archery for December & January.

many hunting trip flights the past 10 years; w/bow, handgun, rifle, shotgun depending on hunt trip.
never a problem...

NOW TSA, that's another topic!!!!

One of the best. When I was based in Seattle we used them all the time. No fuss, no muss, just good people taking care of you.

I lived in Alaska for 10 years (and now in the Seattle area), so I've flown with them a lot with my dog, my gun, my game meat, fragile/expensive work cargo, etc. They know what they're doing. I trust them way more than any other airline and will always go out of my way to fly with them when possible.

I've never had a bad experience dealing with their reps. I've had one or two baggage pieces delayed in many years of flying, probably mostly my fault for not showing up early enough, and they always made it right by delivering my bag to my doorstep ASAP.

They have done a good job for me as well, I am already booked with them for next years trip!

I recently had my only bad experience with Alaska Airlines, but being in customer service my perspective is that mistakes will happen and it is how the company that made the mistake handles it that is how they should ultimately be judged.

Suffice it to say they bent over backwards to make it right and ended up losing money on my fare to do so. That tells me all I need to know about the airline.

Back