Alaska guide creation holster

I just used it for the last 4 days elk hunting with my exo pack and had it on my right hip belt. It worked great. Would definitely recommend.

Can you share a photo? I received my holster last week and had it mounted onto my EXO, but it's a little floppy. Is yours pretty tight against the belt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received my holster 3 days ago and have been playing with the setup ever since. For those of you who like the Razco design, here’s a way to run it right underneath the bino harness.
1a1a509fd59377112695ad9d243bf22c.jpg

I'm curious to hear how this works out for you. It kind of looks like it would flop around a little the way it's rigged there. Have you experienced this at all?

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
Can you share a photo? I received my holster last week and had it mounted onto my EXO, but it's a little floppy. Is yours pretty tight against the belt?

I don’t have a photo. I left it up with my hunting gear (no cell reception there). It is a little loose but i threaded the hip belt strap through the plastic clasp as well and that helped. I know that isn’t what it was designed for but it works. After the season i am going to get some velcro sewn on it that can velcro to hip belt like the accessory pouches do.

amp713

WKR
Received my holster 3 days ago and have been playing with the setup ever since. For those of you who like the Razco design, here’s a way to run it right underneath the bino harness.

Did yours come with 2 of the clips? Mine onlycame with 1....

WJS23

WKR
It’s funny that your only came with one because I ordered the gps pouch and it came with 2 and my buddy liked it so he ordered one and when his showed up it only came with 1 clip so he called Black ovis and the sent him a new pouch and again it only came with one. I don’t know what the deal is with that.

Did yours come with 2 of the clips? Mine onlycame with 1....

Should have clarified; I purchased the holster and the GPS pouch at the same time. Each pouch came with 1 and I use the GPS pouch on the harness(no need for the clip) so I just took that one and added it to the holster.

I'm curious to hear how this works out for you. It kind of looks like it would flop around a little the way it's rigged there. Have you experienced this at all?

It does have a little bit of play in it but doesn’t affect the drawing motion. I usually run it on my pack belt and then if I drop pack I can quickly just clip it to the bino harness and continue with the stalk.

So I got mine to hook to the kifaru belt because I thought it would mount up right to the molle. Turns out I misunderstood how it mounts, the dual split straps hold the holster to the clip not the other way around. Still trying to decide if it will do what I want if I change it up a little.

Hope that makes sense... ha

I was thinking the same thing. Going to try one made by 5.11. The LBE holster.

5.11 Tactical LBE Compact Holster | Official 5.11 Site - 5.11 Tactical

Sobrbiker

WKR

I apologize for bringing up a dead post, but mountainman406-did you field this setup and how did it work out? Have you ran it with a pack with a hip belt?
I’ve got a AGC on the way, and run an Eberlestock X2 and am really looking for a way to carry a sidearm, preferably on my bino harness. My usual “tanker” chest holster doesn’t play well with the X2 but want options for bowhunting in southern AZ.

I just used it for the last 4 days elk hunting with my exo pack and had it on my right hip belt. It worked great. Would definitely recommend.
Awesome! I was looking for some feedback like this...even if from 2 years ago! I just ordered one to outfit my stone glacier pack.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Gents-

I went through a long expensive process of finding the most comfortable AND accessible pistol holster/bino pouch combo. I literally have owned or own all of them.
I just sold my FHF with the razco holster set up. Don’t get me wrong it was my go to rig, UNTIL I just got FFD’s.

Its the most functional and comfortable (think no bounce or flapping) and it gives me the fastest draw (yes I live fire timed them with a PAC timer to include first round hits)
For my money-and my style of hunting I now use FFD’s rig. The features are thought out and designed by both a combat veteran and a backcountry hunter.
If fast access to your pistol is important-no other bino harness/holster combo comes close. (Mark my words-there will be a copycat effect) as the tear away access is next level stuff.
Hope it helps some of you from climbing the expensive bino harness ladder 🇺🇸
1596312526527.jpeg

Attachments

• E9222E1A-3F45-458B-B35A-FA6EDA393F52.jpeg
    E9222E1A-3F45-458B-B35A-FA6EDA393F52.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 73
Gents-

I went through a long expensive process of finding the most comfortable AND accessible pistol holster/bino pouch combo. I literally have owned or own all of them.
I just sold my FHF with the razco holster set up. Don’t get me wrong it was my go to rig, UNTIL I just got FFD’s.

Its the most functional and comfortable (think no bounce or flapping) and it gives me the fastest draw (yes I live fire timed them with a PAC timer to include first round hits)
For my money-and my style of hunting I now use FFD’s rig. The features are thought out and designed by both a combat veteran and a backcountry hunter.
If fast access to your pistol is important-no other bino harness/holster combo comes close. (Mark my words-there will be a copycat effect) as the tear away access is next level stuff.
Hope it helps some of you from climbing the expensive bino harness ladder 🇺🇸
View attachment 202525
This looks way more functional and comfortable. I may need to grab one of these don't need another Bino Harness as love my AGC for hunting but this would be awesome for preseason scouting!!

fbhandler

WKR
Gents-

Hope it helps some of you from climbing the expensive bino harness ladder
View attachment 202525

I just ordered one myself... I hope it works out with my binos/pistol. I think the idea is the best I’ve seen

fbhandler

WKR
Gents-

Hope it helps some of you from climbing the expensive bino harness ladder
View attachment 202525

I was curious as to what you thought about the X strap configuration ? I currently use the fhf right now and kinda think that the elastic give helps when breathing heavy. What do you think ?

what would u say is the optimal gun size for your set up? I have an old 1911 colt commander, sig 365 xl that may be too small, couple Glocks and a the old sw airtight 44 which I would take in grizzly country

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I was curious as to what you thought about the X strap configuration ? I currently use the fhf right now and kinda think that the elastic give helps when breathing heavy. What do you think ?
I’m sure you will be very happy with it.
As far as their being no elastic-I see it as a positive. When I tighten my harness, I set the exact “tension” that I want and need for various situations (hiking versus quick jog, glassing session vs shooting bow etc)
With the elastic on my other harness, I found that I could only get so tight before I was taking up the give the elastic had, rendering it useless. Plus elastic will eventually wear out, and I don’t want any “give or spring” when I am going for my pistol one handed in a high stress situation. There could be a time when it’s my support hand going to gun instead of strong hand-and I want that pistol NOW!
Hope that helps-

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
what would u say is the optimal gun size for your set up? I have an old 1911 colt commander, sig 365 xl that may be too small, couple Glocks and a the old sw airtight 44 which I would take in grizzly country

I like the G19 or even 43 in the size I have. I don’t think the commander will fit. I’m pretty sure they are coming out with a Duty size harness for full size pistols and bigger binos.
In my experience of reaching out to them-they are excellent at being responsive (even when you ask as many questions as I did) 👍