“Alaska is Ours”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornhusker

Lil-Rokslider
There are 3 F-22 squadrons and 2 F-35A squadrons in Alaska which together field over 100 5th generation aircraft. Russia is struggling with Ukraines air force which is mainly aged Soviet planes is disrepair does this sound like Russia would be a force to concern the most technologically superior force in the world.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Here’s my favorite comment:

5214123e862f6e0b13f318cb2f6ba239.jpg

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
This is nothing new, the only danger are the people who believe Putin is "smart" and giving him what he wants in Europe is the answer.

I find the comment at the end of the article about armed civilians not being able to stand up to militaries particularly hilarious. In traditional style conflict, no. But in asymmetric warfare they have been giving professional militaries hell going back to the days of the British Empire.

This is nothing new, the only danger are the people who believe Putin is "smart" and giving him what he wants in Europe is the answer.

I find the comment at the end of the article about armed civilians not being able to stand up to militaries particularly hilarious. In traditional style conflict, no. But in asymmetric warfare they have been giving professional militaries hell going back to the days of the British Empire.

“The naive idea civilians with guns are able to take on an army is mind boggling….”

It could be a sarcastic response, however I think the individual meant it.

I think what’s happening is just a little “screw you” trash talk from one delusional leader to another delusional leader… one blames the US economy on Putin, the other thinks they deserve Alaska… I think we need to do the world a favor, and let them be the first full time residents on the moon, arm both, and let them work out their differences (that would solve a lot of our problems right away,) then we would just need to have a little oops rescuing Putin

Personally, I'm not too impressed with getting involved in foreign affairs. But if Russia (or any other country for that matter) was to even attempt to occupy US soil they would regret that decision.

You might notice Finland has become Russian territory in that poster to.

Basically all of Peter the Greats empires land mass. Harking back to former glory.

Tbf, to Russia have had money and assets stolen against international law from Russia, meaning a response of some sort will naturally follow.

It was mainly Britian and the US that has stolen Russian money.
The EU also did it, but since made a deal with Russia as they started to buy Russian oil and gas again, direct. I'm guessing they gave it back, or said they would.
The US has since put sanctions in place that few countries are following, but I think Germany are for now.
They will be in serious trouble if they still are come winter.
Britain made no such deal, so Russia no longer sells us their energy/fuel.
Britain doesn't need to buy any as we've got plenty of our in the North Sea and even more than all of Saudi Arabia in the Southern Ocean off the Falklands.
But those that rule have made it their business to leave it in the ground whilst old people freeze to death in their homes during winter.
Anyway, for Britian and the US to buy Russian commodities we now go though brokers in H.K. meaning Russia gets the same fee, the buyers, that's us just pay more.

This is a simple Russian political stunt, saber rattling type stuff, and by a local/regional politician in Siberia.
Where as US politicians have called for the murder of the Russian president on television numerous times.

Perspective.
People loose sight of it so easily, distracted so quickly, so simply.

Moserkr

WKR
As much as Id like to see the US stay out of foreign affairs, its hard to ignore the horrors being committed against innocent people. People that want to be free. The world ignored hitler and germany, made concessions to appease, and look how that ended up, twice.

@Anglo-American You make a good point too. Russia made a calculated decision and from my view, it is working out almost how they wanted it. Almost being the Ukrainians are resisting far harder than anticipated.

Would Russia (or anyone) stand a chance invading the US?? We would meet them behind every blade of grass. Any attack on the US would be the 2nd Pearl Harbor. As dumb as Russia can be, even they have learned from history.

As much as Id like to see the US stay out of foreign affairs, its hard to ignore the horrors being committed against innocent people. People that want to be free. The world ignored hitler and germany, made concessions to appease, and look how that ended up, twice.

@Anglo-American You make a good point too. Russia made a calculated decision and from my view, it is working out almost how they wanted it. Almost being the Ukrainians are resisting far harder than anticipated.

Would Russia (or anyone) stand a chance invading the US?? We would meet them behind every blade of grass. Any attack on the US would be the 2nd Pearl Harbor. As dumb as Russia can be, even they have learned from history.
No *nation* is going to invade the US.
No nation has ever won, if invading Russia.
Finland gave them a good go though, in the winter war and continuation war.

The murder in Ukraine has been going on for 8/9 years and no one outside of the region cared, until it wasn't just the Ukrainian government and paramilitaries killing and more, people.
In the eight years before this year Poland took one million Ukrainian refugees. Russia took a similar amount but I forgot the figure in all honesty. Either half as many of twice as many so let just split the difference and say the same as Poland.
Eight years and no one cared. No one cared, because no one was told to care.
Now people are told to care, so they say they care, but who has actually cared enough to find out anything about the issue other than the utter drivel put out by TV news?
Very few.

Nothing is more dangerous than ignorance combined with arrogance. That's how well intentioned people get lead down the garden path.
No one man in history has ever been able to be (seriously) dangerous (at scale) without first having the power to be dangerous. What is more powerful than controlling the minds of men?

So my question to you and any man is what did you know about this topic before the TV told you to know about it?
And what else have you learnt?
And is your emotional position exactly what the TV tells you it should be?

Edit: a telling Soviet quote from the Finish, Soviet, "Winter war".
"...the snow whispers in Finish."

Basically saying that they were like ghosts. You cant fight, what your can't see.

Finland had far fewer troops. Far less weaponry.
They gained some territory.
They lost some territory, more than they gained.
But they held off the Red Army with very few men at arms and kept their independence from the Communist slavery.

The Fins also had a saying, "if their flag is red, shoot them in the head."

Never underestimate the little guy.
And never yield to an invader.

Last edited:

z987k

WKR
Russia has some weird propaganda where they tell their people they didn't sell Alaska after Nicholas I lost the Crimean war, was broke and Britain was going to just walk across the border and take it for free. But rather they leased it to us and we never gave it back after the lease was over.

I guess they can't read their own treaties.

Fun fact, the US has a very dubious claim to Wrangel Island. An American ship captain named it, the British probably first found it though. But it was claimed by the US in 1881 when a US ship landed there, the Russians later claimed it. Canadians tried to settle it at one point, then the US tried, but were forcibly removed by the Russians. They also managed to raise a US flag on the island immediately to the east.

Status
Not open for further replies.