Alaska travel

Wolf-killer

Lil-Rokslider
Just a FYI
Did a Picture Genetics and Everly-well test on Tuesday they were picked up around 3:30 et time. The every-well was delivered 12:00 et time and pic genetics 4pm et on wednesday. I got results from the pic genetics 4am et today. I fly out friday

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
How do the results come to you, text, email? If I fly out on a Monday afternoon do these tests have to be picked up on a Friday afternoon or can they be picked up on a Saturday morning?

Jorge400

FNG
How do the results come to you, text, email? If I fly out on a Monday afternoon do these tests have to be picked up on a Friday afternoon or can they be picked up on a Saturday morning?

I won't be sending my test in for a few weeks but my daughter got an email notification that they were ready and she logged on to get them. For the Pixel test, they must be shipped before the last pick up on Friday. No weekend shipping.

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
I did an Everlywell and a Picture Genetics test. You can’t send either specimen on weekends or after the last pickup on Friday. Both companies emailed me that results were ready, at which time I logged in and downloaded and printed my results.

With you leaving on a Monday, you might have a hard time getting results within 72hrs. I’m not sure if the labs are running on the weekends, but certainly Fedex and UPS overnight don’t work on weekends.

mcseal2

WKR
Just an FYI. I have called the aiports in Anchorage and Kotzebue in the last 3 days. I also called the hotline for the state of Alaska that the Anchorage airport gave me the number for to triple check.

All told me that I could travel to my final destination of caribou hunting out of Kotzebue without having the results of a test. I have to either take the $250 test in Anchorage, or have documentation showing I had a molecular test within 72 hours of boarding the plane to go to Alaska. I did not have to have the results of either test before continuing on to my Kotzebue and then the tundra.

This changes the game a bit if everything stays the same. Getting tested at home is easier without needing 72hr results. My curre t plan is to test Monday morning before flying out on a Tuesday.

Please do your own homework and let me know if you find out something different. I’d hate for my info to prove wrong and screw up someone’s hunt. That is what I was told yesterday though by multiple sources so I wanted to share. Might save a lot of us $250 in Anchorage.

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
I won't be sending my test in for a few weeks but my daughter got an email notification that they were ready and she logged on to get them. For the Pixel test, they must be shipped before the last pick up on Friday. No weekend shipping.
Just an FYI. I have called the aiports in Anchorage and Kotzebue in the last 3 days. I also called the hotline for the state of Alaska that the Anchorage airport gave me the number for to triple check.

All told me that I could travel to my final destination of caribou hunting out of Kotzebue without having the results of a test. I have to either take the $250 test in Anchorage, or have documentation showing I had a molecular test within 72 hours of boarding the plane to go to Alaska. I did not have to have the results of either test before continuing on to my Kotzebue and then the tundra.

This changes the game a bit if everything stays the same. Getting tested at home is easier without needing 72hr results. My curre t plan is to test Monday morning before flying out on a Tuesday.

Please do your own homework and let me know if you find out something different. I’d hate for my info to prove wrong and screw up someone’s hunt. That is what I was told yesterday though by multiple sources so I wanted to share. Might save a lot of us $250 in Anchorage.
I leave San Antonio at 4pm on Monday afternoon. I arrive at ANC at 950pm Alaska time. I think the airport testing is already closed by that time. I spend the night in a hotel then return the next morning for my flight on to Kotz. Maybe I can take the test when I return to the airport. I don't know if I can leave the airport and then return w/o having been tested. Maybe I should roll out a pad and sleep at the airport. Another question i have is will my gun case and luggare be kept somewhere safe before they put it on the plane for Kotz the next day?

mcseal2

WKR
Can’t answer thise questions. I know they had some comfortable chairs in the upstairs part if the Anchorage airport in 2018. I caught a nap there on the way back from moose hunting with my feet up on my luggage. That trip had a shorter layover but we never handled our luggage until we were back in KC.

Josh86

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t answer thise questions. I know they had some comfortable chairs in the upstairs part if the Anchorage airport in 2018. I caught a nap there on the way back from moose hunting with my feet up on my luggage. That trip had a shorter layover but we never handled our luggage until we were back in KC.
My plan is the same as your's Mcseal. I'm packing my sleeping pad in my carry on and spending the night in the Anchorage airport Sept. 12th. Then flying out to Kotzebue @ 10am the next morning. Odds are I'll have results before we get on the plane to Kotz.

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
I have a test scheduled for 1130am before I fly out at 4pm on a Monday. If something would screw that up then I guess I fork over $250 the next day at the airport. I called and sent a message to the Ted Stevens Airport to verify the testing hours. If they shut down at 5pm seems that really messes up any flights like mine that land after that time for the passengers to get tested.

AKBorn

WKR
I don't know if I can leave the airport and then return w/o having been tested. Another question i have is will my gun case and luggare be kept somewhere safe before they put it on the plane for Kotz the next day?

Someone at ANC Airport needs to provide you with a clear answer to these questions, in advance of you starting your trip. Good luck.

Trial153

WKR
Make it happen, it's worth it...I am waiting in Fairbanks for my return flight.
ef08e02099309d12e896465db1b5f4a8.jpg

Maybe I should roll out a pad and sleep at the airport. Another question i have is will my gun case and luggare be kept somewhere safe before they put it on the plane for Kotz the next day?
I have taken the red eye in a couple of times and slept on my pad with my luggage next to me, no problems at all.... that was pre covid19 though

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
Someone at ANC Airport needs to provide you with a clear answer to these questions, in advance of you starting your trip. Good luck.
Heard from them late yesterday and they said the testing at the airport is open 24hrs. and does NOT close at 5pm like the website said. Rec'd a phone call from a live person even.