Alaskan fng

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
Figured while i was mining for info about some upcoming hunts I should probably register to better use the forum. Archery hunter from Eagle River Ak.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
Going to kodiak nov 9-12 for deer off the road and never been, so just trying to figure out if there's much I am not thinking about or considering. Mainly scouting it to see if taking my daughter there next year is a better option than the haul road hunt.

Karlburns

FNG
Never been there hunting so no advice on that one. Best of luck to you. I keep putting in for elk over on Afognak. Embrace the suck.

Rowsdower

FNG
Welcome! Hunted a bit off the road until I could fly out of Kodiak last year. Haul Road is much more fun! Long time resident…

OP

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome! Hunted a bit off the road until I could fly out of Kodiak last year. Haul Road is much more fun! Long time resident…
I agree the haul road is a fun trip, just seems that early Aug when we have time to go there aren't many animals around. My main goal is to keep my daughter interested and enjoying the experience. While I enjoy the 15 hour drive and just being out, a change might be needed, taking a little scout/hunt trip seems in order. Plus it's a super cheap trip all things considered.