Alberta black bear tips

MBubley

FNG
Anyone in alberta spot and stalk bears regularly, seen lots about bait and tree stand etc, how ever that isnt my or my buddy im hunting withs style, any tips for that style of bear hunting? Be out first dedicated bear hunt,
Cheers

I live in northern Alberta., and did spot and stalk with my bow last year. it consisted of lots and lots of miles on the boots & lots of miles on the truck as well. Lots of blown stalks but well worth it being 40 yrds ground level on a bear! ive seen people use calls for black bear like wounded rabbit and stuff as well.

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
Ive done it a bit in the south, just get as high as possible and start glassing. Never killed one yet, but I've certainly found them.

Xavier

FNG
This is my first dedicated spring season, and with everyone I’ve talked to. They gave me the advice on lots of glassing and if you see a good boat to use a predator call to stop him and bring them in. Hopefully you boys get some more advice. Can’t wait to hear how your hunt turns out.

Rackmastr

WKR
I've done a bunch of spot/stalk in AB when I used to live there. A bunch up north by Slake Lake and then in the west country like Nordegg/etc.

Fun way to hunt them, and can be really successful getting into good bear numbers if you time it right.