Alpine foods/Natural High

InDeep

WKR
My brother had the natural high Mac and cheese . And I don't think he's going to ever by it again , he was making some pretty interesting faces while eating it last year lol

Nope-Those mushrooms only grow in the low country here not in alpine areas.

Oh, you're talking freeze dried-Never mind :)

TEmbry

WKR
I tried some kind of chili from AlpineAire last year. Shit was disgusting.

I feel that way about almost all freeze dried meals. I've never enjoyed one unless I was 6 miles deep, dead tired, and setting camp for the night... But by that point I'm fairly confident I could slab some peanut butter on tree bark and enjoy it. Lol

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We love the natural high enchiladas....we ordered a few of the beef, chicken and cheese to try a couple years ago, and they were such a hit that I now order them a case at a time. They are a staple in our rotation. They even come with a little packet of cheese to stir in at the end! I get tired of the same MH choices over and over, and having a few choices from other brands for variety makes things nice. Other natural high flavors I have tried and liked were the 3 cheese chicken pasta and the lasagna, and the honey mustard chicken and rice. I thought all those were tasty And filling, but the pasta ones were marked low sodium and I confess I ended up adding extra seasoning salt to taste :) I also tried the Alpine air beef tamale, and thought it was really good as well.

I still have BBQ chicken and rice left to try, I will let you know what I think.

CA Karen

Lil-Rokslider
Alpine Aire soups are good broccoli and cheese is OK... sometime the broccoli is chew and the potato cheddar is real good.... need to order more of that for this coming season.

OP
ChadS

ChadS

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah im always looking cause I too get sick of MH. One thing I havent gotten sick of is the idahoan instant mashed potatoes!

Man I'm glad Becca said that the Honey Mustard Chicken was good as I just purchased some a couple weeks ago.

High Mountain Seasoning is pretty good, just tried that a couple weeks ago. Bought it off STP for like $3 a meal. The one thing I didn't care for is the length of the pouch is too long resulting in my hand getting dirty.

The front of the pouch has a dude bow hunting, so what more of a reason does one need to try it out?
uploadfromtaptalk1399920962758.jpg

boom

WKR
Yeah im always looking cause I too get sick of MH. One thing I havent gotten sick of is the idahoan instant mashed potatoes!

gospel!!!

i do stew-like things and put it over the potatoes..something about fake food poured over slightly less fake food makes it better. haha.

my brother and i can split a MH meal and one pack of potatoes. not bad at all.

Any Hawk Vittle eaters here? I've never tried them, but have heard a few good things and I will be placing an order within the next couple months.:)

Wrench77

WKR
Any Hawk Vittle eaters here? I've never tried them, but have heard a few good things and I will be placing an order within the next couple months.:)

I tried a few of the Hawk Vittle meals a couple of weeks ago on my spring bear hunt and I was not impressed. They were all very bland to me and I didn't like the texture. The package instructions call for 15 minutes to rehydrate but even after 15 the noodles were still crunchy. I tried 20 the second night and while the texture improved the flavor was still lacking for me.