Alternative non hunting options

wnelson14

WKR
Just looking for other brands with items similar to…
Kuiu Peloton 97 Hooded
Kuiu Peloton 200
First Lite Corrugate guide jacket
First Lite Klamath Hooded
Thanks

j33

WKR
Peloton 200 is similar to any fleece, Eddie Bauer has some cheap ones. They also have a grid fleece version version that is similar to the Klamath. If you ain’t getting at least 50% off at Eddie Bauer you’re over paying. As mentioned the Ferrosi is very similar to the guide martial of First Lite.

No clue what is similar to the 97, I have that one and it’s pretty darn unique, even lightweight backpackers buy it.

dvstrl

FNG
Have you looked into the ECWCS Level 2 fleece? Similar weight to the Peloton 200, but about $30 new on eBay. US made, half zip for venting, comes in earthtones. Mine has been great, I'd suggest sizing down.

Eddie Bauer, Columbia, and black ovis have been really good places to find nice off brand clothing at really good prices. Subscribe to each of there email lists and you can normally snag some really good deals for cheap.

jd1006

WKR
Patagonia’s capilene line is the same thing as the hunting brand’s synthetic baselayer. Although, once you have used zip-off baselayer pants, its hard to go away from them. The peloton 97 zip-offs from Kuiu are no weight penalty and way warmer than anything close to their specs. You’d have to go to thick wool or grid fleece…240 or more gram to get similar performance

Hondo

WKR
The Patagonia R1 pullover hoody is similar to the Klamath hoody. Ditto on what j33 said; I haven't seen anything comparable to the Peloton 97 and perhaps that explains why so many non-hunters buy it from Kuiu. The OR Ferrosi Bump79 referenced is amazing.