Am I the only one who doesn’t use any gloves when I am gutting an animal out lol.

IdahoBeav

WKR
Don't wear gloves, but I do pack a tarp to use for workspace, to keep dirt and debris off the exposed meat. As for the bloody dirty hands, I just wipe them off on my pants or a game bag.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

SO IL

FNG
I never wore them growing up hunting. I didn't know they existed at that point. I wear them now and put them in a ziploc when finished and it makes things clean and easy.

I don't like wearing gloves at all even when hunting no matter how cold it gets. If I must the thinner the better. When I'm breaking down an animal I'm not wearing them unless it's a wild pig.

Macintosh

WKR
Is there an option for both? I pack 2 sets and a little single-use pack of wet wipes for cleanup after, they weigh nothing. Depending on the hit, the location and whether I am just gutting and dragging or field quartering, if I’ll be home that night or if Im camping for another several days, my access to water, temperature, etc I usually dont wear them, but sometimes I do. There are times I wonder why I bother bringing them, and times Im really glad I brought them.

I always bring them, usually wait till I’ve nicked myself 2-3 times before I remember to put them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steelhead

FNG
I'm aware I always have a pair or two in my kill kit but never end up using them. They make my hands sweat too much and once there is a tear in them somewhere they become more of a nuisance than benefit. Plus there is often blood up to my elbows at some point. Wiping on shirt/pants, baby wipes and hand washing at opportunistic springs on the packout got me covered.

I wore gloves for the first time a few weeks ago and I’m never going back to not wearing gloves. I had four deer to break down and nicked my finger while gutting the first one. I cleaned it up and put a rubber glove on to keep it clean.

In my opinion, wearing gloves makes gutting significantly easier. Not having to pull chunks of fat and tissue from under my fingernails was a big bonus, too.

Dirtbag

WKR
I always wear gloves. They are virtually weightless, and make clean up so much easier. I also will sometimes get allergic to deer dander. Prior to wearing gloves I would occasionally break out in rash on certain deer. Not every one, but about 1 out of three would get me. doesn't happen when I wear gloves.

Kyle C

Lil-Rokslider
I'm the puss that wears them. Usually 2-3 pairs on me. GLOVEWORKS HD 8mil. Makes clean up wonderful and if a buddy gets cut I'm not transferring or exposing hands to someone else's blood. Found them to be useful in very wet conditions as well.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Funny, I was just cleaning out my pack I used on my MO hunt and found a small ziploc with a couple pairs of the cheap blue gloves from Harbor Freight. Had them with me the whole time and never used them. Gutted and butchered 3 deer I shot.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I use them for field dressing and sometimes take the shoulder length ones, not a lot of water to cleanup with in most places I hunt so it just makes it easier. Same at home butchering, its easy to take off a pair and have clean hands for whatever.

ManBun

FNG
I never wear gloves either. I actually bought the glove kit that goes all the way up your arm and put it in my backpack this year, and when it came time (3 times this year) I still didn’t think to take them out of my backpack to use them!!!!!!!!!