Ammo Issues

I have had pretty good success at Academy the last several days. Ammo they get seems to last a few days. Even scored 2 50 round boxes of Blazer 9mm. They had lots of it.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had any issues finding ammo considering the circumstances, meaning that while its not available in the sporting goods store down the street I have had no issues getting what I need from some local FFL dealers here in AZ. The pricing isn't like it was back 2-3 years ago, but its not bad (I don't feel like I got raped and pillaged). Overall, if I need ammo I've had no issues getting it. If they don't have it when I called, they could get plenty of it within a few weeks. And they typically don't limit the amount per purchase. Not sure if I should list them on here or not (uncertain of board rules on that kind of stuff).

My advice would be to get on Armslist and look up some of your local FFLs and see what they have and can get. I've had great luck with that, and the pricing hasn't been bad. No smoking deals, but definitely not bad pricing IMO. At least I've been able to get it.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
Also, I went into Bass Pro last Saturday during the middle of the day and bought 4 boxes of 7.62x51 and 4 boxes of 308 Barnes hunting ammo. It was almost like people gave up looking there and they had it in stock. They had stock of various rounds, but mostly were out of 98% of the rounds. Sometimes, you just get lucky.

Just checked Bass Pro in NC - they only had 6.8 western, the new caliber which no one has a gun for

Guys, I'm posting this in the ELK Forum, cause that's where I spend most of my time. I know we are all looking at the same info on almost every ammo supplier " Out of Stock". Has anybody on here been able to find ammo that is not Russian or some other off brand? I'm usually a Nosler or Barnes guy and I'm hearing that guys who have ammo backordered are hearing possibly mid-June ship dates. Just curious what other guys are hearing or what their thoughts are. Getting a little nervous as I don't want to start practicing with my remaining inventory not knowing what's ultimately happening.
What caliber? I've been seeing Nosler brass for 26,28,30, and 33 Nosler along with factory ammo for 28 and 30 nosler pretty regularly on shelves and brass is available on line as well.

Other ammo is pretty hit and miss but I have seen WSM loadings in store as well.

6.8 Western was also well stocked.

OP
PAhunter58

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
I'm an 06 guy. I prefer a bonded bullet, 180 gr. I gave up reloading years ago. Prefer Nosler 1st.

ChrisAU

WKR
I’ve been able to find enough to keep practicing by being very vigilant online and checking stores very often. It’s sort of a fun game. Haven’t had to pay sky high prices yet but definitely higher than pre pandemic prices. I really want to finish building a couple rifles so I can shoot them and know what load they like so I can sell the excess I have to people that need them, waiting on a stock from AG Composites for my 6.5 PRC and should be finished with a 6mm ARC gas gun this week.

Lytro

WKR
Guys, I'm posting this in the ELK Forum, cause that's where I spend most of my time. I know we are all looking at the same info on almost every ammo supplier " Out of Stock". Has anybody on here been able to find ammo that is not Russian or some other off brand? I'm usually a Nosler or Barnes guy and I'm hearing that guys who have ammo backordered are hearing possibly mid-June ship dates. Just curious what other guys are hearing or what their thoughts are. Getting a little nervous as I don't want to start practicing with my remaining inventory not knowing what's ultimately happening.
What caliber are you looking for? I've been seeing a ton of Barnes ammo available online over the past 2 weeks.

11boo

WKR
Learn from this. A box or two for your fav rifle is not “stocked up”. 500+ rounds is not hoarding if you bought it when it was plentiful. Good luck, this will turn around but it might be a while. I have given friends premium hunting ammo at what I paid a couple years ago just so they could hunt.