Ammo

randy249

FNG
Where is everyone getting ammo? At this point its no use to even apply for tags! I am looking for .243, .257 Weatherby, 30-06

Laramie

WKR
Has been several boxes sold on here in the last week. It's not easy but there is some for sale if you are willing to pay.

dec0y

FNG
I've picked up more than a few boxes of 6.5 CM over the last several months by stopping by various stores while I'm out and about.

I've seen plenty of .243 at Wal-mart and Bi-mart locally. Sportsmans had probably 10 cases of .257 WBY that is probably still there--no one seems to be touching the obscure calibers.

Stay positive and diligent. You've got months before the season and you only need a box to go hunt.

Now finding enough 9mm to practice enough to be comfortable carrying my new handgun--that's a struggle.

I must have gotten lucky at a store this past weekend. A few boxes of various and popular calibers were on the shelves.

Stick and string. Easy to find and reusable Ammo! Lol. Seriously though, it’s rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
This will affect the "normal guys" who don't eat, sleep & breathe guns and hunting. A buddy has about 80 rounds and I'm not so sure he's got enough to practice and take the trip he wants to go on in 2022 - especially if the scope gets knocked off in transit.

Just keep looking and be ready to buy immediately. Hope you find some.

Time to get creative or pay top dollar. If you pay $2/round for 100 rounds and go on a $6,000 trip.... the bullet cost is "minor".

Rich M

WKR
I've picked up more than a few boxes of 6.5 CM over the last several months by stopping by various stores while I'm out and about.

I've seen plenty of .243 at Wal-mart and Bi-mart locally. Sportsmans had probably 10 cases of .257 WBY that is probably still there--no one seems to be touching the obscure calibers.

Stay positive and diligent. You've got months before the season and you only need a box to go hunt.

Now finding enough 9mm to practice enough to be comfortable carrying my new handgun--that's a struggle.
I've got the opposite of your problem. Can find 9mm - at elevated prices tho. But no 243.

Fatcamp

WKR
I would need 4 rounds if I draw the rifle tags I will apply for this year. Probably gonna be ok.

Now if I draw the muzzleloader tag we have a problem.

Been able to pick up .243 about every two weeks at the Bi Marts I frequent in Washington and Oregon. Haven't found anything at any Walmart I've been too including shotgun ammo, but know of people finding the mother loads.

sndmn11

WKR
Where is everyone getting ammo? At this point its no use to even apply for tags! I am looking for .243, .257 Weatherby, 30-06

I have a bunch of 30-06 I have been trying to sell...hornady Superformance interbond (not interlock), precision hunter, maybe some sst.

I just ordered some federal 30-06 and 6.5cm direct from them.

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
The local small shops around me have limited quantities. The prices are insane though. $1 a round for 9mm. $40 for 20 rounds of 30-30! Sad thing is they were selling plenty! With all this stimulus money, I guess people have plenty of money to blow.

I bought 2 boxes of #6 shot .410 at $37 each. *puke*

Gunbroker may also have what you are looking for.

I hAve had better luck trolling my local shops. Local gun shops near me are starting to have ammo trickle in. Seems like hunting rounds are priced reasonably but not at prepandemic levels. 250 of fiochhi shotgun #6 or 7 in 410/20/12 for $100.

In AZ have had best luck Tuesdays at Sportsman Warehouse. Picked up couple boxes of 308 this week. Two box limit for now. Key is persistence, gotta be checking weekly here