Annihilator Broadheads reviews/experience

Purchased some annihilator broadheads last year and here is my experience. They fly pretty dam close with my field points out to 60 yards. Past that wind drag starts to pull them down. Not the broad heads fault just something that is going to happen with fixed heads. Very easy to get shaving sharp with a stone and a strop. Shot a white tail doe at 20 yards last year. Blew right through her and she didn't go 20. Only down side to this head is the cutting diameter is less than an inch. Blood trail on the doe was great the scoop on the back of the broad head does seem to make the wound open up a bit more than a typical 3 blade. Let me know your guys experience with them.

I watched my buddy arrow a bull at 20 yds with them. Did a great job. His comments to me about them was that they fly great but make a whistle noise in flight, really his only negative comment.

Bump79

WKR
Only down side to this head is the cutting diameter is less than an inch.
This is what holds me back. I'd shoot the XL though but the scoop kind of throws me off - Material construction is top notch though.

fatlander

WKR
Yea if you make a subpar shot that may hurt your chances with the smaller diameter

Making a subpar shot hurts your chances, regardless of head diameter.

There’s pluses and minuses both ways. A larger cut mechanical is better if you’ve got the energy AND you hit the guts, not so much if you hit heavier bone or take a steep quartering shot that’s gotta get through a lot of tissue to get to the goodies. A smaller fixed head is better if you get into some heavier bone or need to get through a lot of tissue to get to the goodies, not so much if you just get in the guts on a broadside shot.

Either way, making a good shot is what really counts. I’ve yet to lose an animal that I punched the arrow through both lungs. I have lost them from both of the aforementioned scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac
OP
Kifaru_Kinda_Guy
Making a subpar shot hurts your chances, regardless of head diameter.

There’s pluses and minuses both ways. A larger cut mechanical is better if you’ve got the energy AND you hit the guts, not so much if you hit heavier bone or take a steep quartering shot that’s gotta get through a lot of tissue to get to the goodies. A smaller fixed head is better if you get into some heavier bone or need to get through a lot of tissue to get to the goodies, not so much if you just get in the guts on a broadside shot.

Either way, making a good shot is what really counts. I’ve yet to lose an animal that I punched the arrow through both lungs. I have lost them from both of the aforementioned scenarios.

I completely agree at the end of the day just hit the animal in the pump house and no worries. I personally just shoot fixed blades so I do not have to worry about mechanical failures. It can go either way with both heads. Chances of catching the shoulder are alot smaller then hitting the animal back in the liver and guts. The bigger cutting diameter might save you on a shot a little back. Realistically you aren't getting through the T of a shoulder with either a mechanical or fixed blade, but like you stated above quartering too or hitting the scapula you are definitely punching through that with a fixed blade.

fatlander

WKR
I completely agree at the end of the day just hit the animal in the pump house and no worries. I personally just shoot fixed blades so I do not have to worry about mechanical failures. It can go either way with both heads. Chances of catching the shoulder are alot smaller then hitting the animal back in the liver and guts. The bigger cutting diameter might save you on a shot a little back. Realistically you aren't getting through the T of a shoulder with either a mechanical or fixed blade, but like you stated above quartering too or hitting the scapula you are definitely punching through that with a fixed blade.

Getting through the T isn’t 100% off the table depending on what animal, archer specs, bow, and arrow set up we’re talking about. The knuckle is a different story. If you’re aiming for the golden triangle I’d say you’re more likely to hit the bone than the guts.

Either way, you can’t have your cake and eat it to. Hit the top of the heart and the lungs, you’re fine regardless of what’s out front. Make a bad shot and you’re in for suck.