Another Fierce Firearms Issue

In the spirit of transparency, I'm going to detail my experience *attempting* to have Fierce address obvious quality control issues with their rifle.

I purchased a Fierce Reaper in 6.5PRC from Cabelas ($3k rifle!) in the hopes that it would be the ultimate big game rifle for me and one that I would hand down to my sons. Finally saved up enough to mount a Leupold VX6HD on it and took it to the range.

Initial shots with Norma Golden target seemed promising, but just plinking around while performing barrel break-in. Bolt felt like glass empty, but not amazing with ammo. Finished break-in and moved to 100 yd range to zero, switched to Hornady ELD-X. Bolt was extremely tight and would not extract the case. Had to tap out with a range rod. Bought a box of Hornady ELD-M, same thing.

I had already been talking to Fierce about the QD cup being filled with resin from the sloppy carbon fiber work. Their response was just to scratch it out with a screwdriver until the QD cup fits. On a $3k rifle I need to gouge out the QD cups?

On Saturday, February 11th I requested an RMA to ship the rifle back due to the inability to chamber factory ammo issue. On Monday, February 13th Cody asks for some information and says that his gunsmith will reach out to provide shipping info. On Sunday February 19th I pinged him again to ask about return shipping. No response as of February 22.

I decide that I'm ready to move forward and brought it in to Cabelas. They refuse repeatedly to allow for a return of the rifle, since they can't buy non-functioning firearms. So now they have it and are shipping it back to Fierce under the assumption that they won't get ignored.

Lesson #1 - don't buy Fierce (though this has become readily apparent from the multiple other threads).
Lesson #2 - don't buy from Cabelas (if they sell you a defective firearm you're SOL).
EDIT - In the end Cabela's did buy the rifle back, but I had to go professional Karen.

I'll update in the coming weeks (months?) to document my progress.

Last edited:

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Lesson #1 - don't buy Fierce (though this has become readily apparent from the multiple other threads).
Lesson #2 - don't buy from Cabelas (if they sell you a defective firearm you're SOL).

I was looking at purchasing that same rifle from Cabela's two weeks ago. It's on sale and checks a lot of the boxes but after reading the last thread about Fierce, I changed my mind. Glad I did - but I'm sorry you are experiencing this problem.

It sure is a shame to see what has become of this company. When these were built in Canada they were great. This new in house made in Utah product seems to leave a lot to be desired. If it’s not made in Canada you may want to avoid these.

gerry35

WKR
It sure is a shame to see what has become of this company. When these were built in Canada they were great. This new in house made in Utah product seems to leave a lot to be desired. If it’s not made in Canada you may want to avoid these.
Antler Arms out of Quebec is building rifles still. Not sure why they split or if Antler Arms is offering a good product or not.

Antler Arms are the builders of the original Fierce lines. If it’s made in Utah it seems to be a crap shoot. Antler Arms can not sell in the US. All part of the non-compete with Fierce.

OP
swavescatter
FYI - I never received an email reply from Fierce. I called them a couple weeks ago and they do have it in their queue. Supposedly going to be worked on soon/by now...

Marshfly

WKR
Sounds like Cabelas SOLD you a non functioning firearm. Chargeback for refusal to accept return of nonfunctioning product would have been my course of action since it sounds like you now want nothing to do with the gun.

OP
swavescatter
Sounds like Cabelas SOLD you a non functioning firearm. Chargeback for refusal to accept return of nonfunctioning product would have been my course of action since it sounds like you now want nothing to do with the gun.
Tried that. Used my Cabela's Club Card. The rub is that Cabela's states at the point of sale that there is no warranty and all sales are final. Same thing at Sportsman's and I'm guessing every major gun retailer out there.

The only warranty you may have is through the manufacturer, and you can see they are not very motivated to act...

gerry35

WKR
Antler Arms are the builders of the original Fierce lines. If it’s made in Utah it seems to be a crap shoot. Antler Arms can not sell in the US. All part of the non-compete with Fierce.
Lot's of Fierce here and lot's of used ones for sale too. Kind of sucks for Antler that they got such a raw deal.
Only if you know a Canadian dealer and a registered US importer. Plus their fees. It would be a expensive rifle.
Prophet River in Alberta sells Antler Arms rifles. They import from the US but I'm not sure they can go the other way.

gerry35

WKR
Tried that. Used my Cabela's Club Card. The rub is that Cabela's states at the point of sale that there is no warranty and all sales are final. Same thing at Sportsman's and I'm guessing every major gun retailer out there.

The only warranty you may have is through the manufacturer, and you can see they are not very motivated to act...
That's frustrating. Fierce sure is getting a bad reputation, I know I'll never buy one and I was interested at one point.

venado_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
That sucks man.
Looked into fierce but these posts kept me away.
Bought a Proof Glacier Ti thats at Evolved Ballistics getting decked out.

Bought a Proof Glacier Ti thats at Evolved Ballistics getting decked out.

Got my Glacier from Paul at Evolved in December. Most accurate rifle I've ever owned. Was at the range this weekend with my dad and he had an elk image splatter target at 200 yards. His buddy jokingly asked if I could shoot it through the eye and I did. You're going to love that rifle.

That's frustrating. Fierce sure is getting a bad reputation, I know I'll never buy one and I was interested at one point.
Don’t be discouraged. Look for Fierce Edge, Carbon Edge, CT Edge or Fury. These are made in Canada by Antler Arms. These live up to the reputation. The new stuff appears to be questionable.

Weldor

WKR
My Fury shoots lights out, Canadian made. Just bought a Roque ct, different action in the 6,5 prc. LA in the Fury , SA in the Roque. Wil report after Rogue break in this weekend. Rem. clone. Norma match 6.5 prc. The flyer was my bore sight.

Attachments

• prc~2.jpg
    prc~2.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 83

grfox92

WKR
Not sure why anyone would think that the retailer is responsible for the firearm to shoot well. They are simply a dealer for the product.

They should be assisting with getting the manufacturer to make it right by any means necessary. But to think that cabelas is somehow responsible for the guns inaccuracy is a bizzare train of thought.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk