Another Hot Melt Question

paxamus

WKR
Sorry guys- I can be a little OCD sometimes. Putting together some arrows and I am using the Easton HIT Epoxy on the Iron Will inserts, but I want to use hot melt on the collar. What do y’all think is the best way to heat up the glue to put it on the arrow and then slide the collar on? I was gonna heat the glue up directly with a lighter and then smear it in the arrow but I was sure ya had some better ways.

All input is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suggest using a metal rod that will fit inside the collar. Heat the rod, spin on some of the blue cool melt and then insert into the collar and spin it to get it even. Then apply a little heat to the collar to warm it up and remove from the rod, then place on the arrow, watch for squeeze out on the inside of the shaft. That cool flex melt or whatever it's called doesn't take much heat. Make sure you don't get the glue too hot, it looses adhesion if it heats up too much.

Bowmar Bowhunting has a video showing how to install a similar collar. I can’t remember what he was doing in that video. I think he heated up the hot melt end, dabbed on the shaft then used a pocket torch on the collar as he put it on.

OP
P

paxamus

WKR
Bowmar Bowhunting has a video showing how to install a similar collar. I can’t remember what he was doing in that video. I think he heated up the hot melt end, dabbed on the shaft then used a pocket torch on the collar as he put it on.

Might have to try that

Bowmar Bowhunting has a video showing how to install a similar collar. I can’t remember what he was doing in that video. I think he heated up the hot melt end, dabbed on the shaft then used a pocket torch on the collar as he put it on
Might have to try that

I would look for that video, it was about this time last year I watched it so very possible some detail has been forgotten