Another pants thread!!!

What's the best color for the Prana pants for western hunting? It's hard to tell on the web sites and there's several to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
I got the "mud" color and it was a touch darker than it looked from the picture. I think mud, cargo green, or dark khaki would all be just fine.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dark khaki is pretty true to what you see online. Mud is nice but agree its a tad darker, close to the Kuiu major brown if that helps. I personally like the cargo green, may stick out in rocky terrain but you will look like a shrub in the rocks unless moving.
Dark khaki reminds me of the base color in ASAT. It shouldn't be called dark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input on color. I thought the dark khaki looked a bit light as well. Similar to EB Firstlite Guide Pants from what I could tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
Mountain Hardwear Piero's and Kanab 2.0's. MH run about a size larger

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered some Zions per the recommendations from the thread and I am not disappointed. These are great pants that I can see myself using on my next elk hunt. I also tried the Costco pants, the UB tech travel pants. They are very nice as well. A little louder material then the Zions though. They will be great to wear around the house and to work, but I will be taking the Zions over the UB tech travelers on my next hunt.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I finally had an opportunity to try out a new pair of Cabela's XPG Trekking pants on a long hike that I took to break in a new pair of hiking boots. I can truly say that these pants are the best fitting, most comfortable pants (for hiking and early season hunting) that I own. They provide good stretch for climbing and the cut in the knee and legs virtually eliminates binding. I like them so much, I just ordered 2 more pairs while they are on sale. If they are as durable as they seem, I will be a happy hiker/hunter.

I've been using accent pants for awhile now. They have held up very well for me, and I use them scouting all summer and also use them in the winter. With a base layer underneath I hunted in them when it was -57 with windchill. So they do work late season also if you layer.

Regards, Branden