Another scammer!

rclouse79

WKR
1615497263632.png

I don't know if any of you remember this thread going around a while back, but I reached out to the seller with what I thought was reasonable offer. He rejected my initial offer, but sent me a pm a week later saying he would take it if I mailed him a money order. I thought that seemed like a strange request so I called him and he seemed like a cool dude who spoke perfect English. I threw caution to the wind and mailed the money order. I was relieved when a tracking number posted later that afternoon. After anxiously awaiting the package for almost a week I was stoked to see it got delivered while I was at work yesterday. I got home and found the envelope contained an empty candy wrapper and a spent 22 shell casing. I tried to call the seller but the number had been disconnected. I have already contacted my local PD and the PD in the city it was shipped from, but I am not holding my breath. I am pretty sure the original poster had his account hacked. I just wanted to pass this along to hopefully keep others from making the same mistake. Be careful out there.

Nuke Man

WKR
Now not all that deal in cash or MO's are scammers! I've done every one of my dealings either selling or buying that way on here for years. Sucks you got hosed on the deal. Generally a phone call after the pm is how I do business too. I figure if it was a scammer they wouldn't want to talk or text.

22lr

WKR
Man, that blows. I've sold and bought tons of stuff from forums and have lucky never gotten bit. Best of luck, hopefully it was a Postal MO.