Any College wrestling fans as we head into the post season?

Scorpion

WKR
Well, I can tell you there was a 4 time PA state champion that didn’t “subscribe” to the system and failed/drug abused his way out of Penn State and as of last fall he was supposed to be an assistant coach for my old high school program and he wasn’t approved by the board or something like that. What a fall from grace! Some Jesus prob could have made a difference there.
I know Gavin’s uncle through work and he expressed a lot of concerns during his senior prior to enrolling at PSU. His biggest worry was that because high school wrestling was so “easy” for him, that it led him astray to all of the off the mat issues. The culture that Cael has there doesn’t work out with those types of personalities.

It’s a lot of the same issues that Chance Marstellar dealt with out of high school. Fortunately for him he was able to beat his addiction and have a good international career thus far.

Looking forward to watching the ncaa championships. Always enjoy watching the B10 network

Idaboy

WKR
I don't know even know how people score tickets for NCAAs....I would be happy to attend any session, wouldn't have to be the finals.....seems like those tickets are tougher than some tag draws!

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
Tough weight class at 133 in KC

Big Vito fan here. Love watching him wrestle. Really lets it fly. Only bummer is I’ve seen him rack points and then give them away just as fast. Admittedly 90 percent of his matches I watch are of the freestyle variety. His post match interview with his father chiming in after beating RBY last year was my favorite ever.

LostArra

WKR
Taking nothing away from Crookham but there is no way he beats Vito again.

I saw that RBY will represent Mexico at the 2024 Olympics. Maybe a rematch with Vito?

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
Taking nothing away from Crookham but there is no way he beats Vito again.

I saw that RBY will represent Mexico at the 2024 Olympics. Maybe a rematch with Vito?
I agree about the rematch with Crookham. I always take early season results with a grain of salt.

OP
J
I've got tickets to Olympic Team Trials next month. 57kg is gonna be a big mystery. I follow Gillman on IG. He's completely silent. No training vids or posts. Just had a kid.

Spencer: Well...he's Spencer. Aside from being injured, I simply think he mentally melted down. Way too much pressure. I was terrible with pressure and my brain. Still am. It's a terrible plague. But he looked pretty damn good. There were room rumors YEARS ago he was handling Gillman in the Iowa room as an 18 year old.

I think Gillman is now many the most savvy and best option. He's had a ton of international experience and can finally be patient and close those chippy Euro matches.

I will be interested to see how RBY handles and matches the Euro type feel and competitors.

125 could be wrestled 10xs with 10 different outcomes.
133 I’d like to see fix take it.
141 I’d like to see woods step up and get offensive. Seems Iowa wrestlers have been just showing up and not pushing the pace this year…. Whoever wins the 1/4s between woods and Bartlett will be champ.
149 I’d like to see Gomez finally get his moment.
157 is a dog fight, if teemer makes the finals I see him taking it.
165 is going to be interesting. Both askren prospects in the finals is my prediction. I think Mitchell takes carr out.
174 is all penn state. Not a fan of starocci, but he is undeniably the best. I would be surprised if he even gives up more then 1pt per match.
184 it’d be nice to see Parker take it
197 brooks might have his hands full with a couple of them but I don’t see anyone actually beating him. I’d like to see what Sloan does with him but think they will be opposite sides of the bracket. And the hidlay rivalry will stay lopsided.
Hwt… has a lot of great matchups. Schultz has had an interesting year. Does Kerkvliet win it all? Two interesting matchups for him out of the big 12.
Starocci is hurt. Not sure how bad, but definitely banged up.

2-Stix

WKR
I follow the sport. It brought out the toughness I use in life to this day.

"once you wrestled, everything is easy" -Dan Gable

I don't follow a team as much as I follow individuals and just enjoy the sport.

Last edited:

bradb

WKR
Been watching the Big 10s some. Local kid for the Badgers at 184, he is doing ok, first year jumping up to d1. Will try to watch as much of the ncaas as i can