Any College wrestling fans as we head into the post season?

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
Haha. He tried that on Micic his freshman year. Micic was cracking jokes at him pretty hard in the post match interview

OP
J
I am very high on both Hamiti and Mitchell. I was really floored in the 1st period of that match. Dean scored with the exact same TD 3X. Was ugly. I had him counted out..... was 11-3 maybe?

OP
J
Back in my era it was Ray Brinzer as the DeSanto. But I think Brinzer's schtick was much more calculated and WWE esque.

Think he went on to pen articles and successfully coach in PA? Basically wasn't the basket case he put the airs on.

TheHammer

WKR
How bad was Carr vs O'toole for anyone that watched? Keegan really handle him? That rivally all but over?
It was more close than the score indicated. Really a great match. Carr was the aggressor. Kegan was* just beyond patient and his patients paid off. After the match carrs face was disbelief like he was confused what the heck just happened. That being said I see a awa finals match at 165. Mitchell takes out carr and otoole handles hamiti. That’s my bid for the 1/4s at 165 and otool pins Mitchell in the finals. Otoole, mm, carr3rd& dean 4th.

As for the Aj situation, if he wanted to wrestle ncaas, there’s ways to get in the tournament not on scholarship. I don’t think he would place top 5 on the current roster of athletes.

I think Vito avenges as 3rd seed and takes out fix in the finals

Last edited:

LostArra

WKR
It was more close than the score indicated. Really a great match. Carr was the aggressor. Kegan was* just beyond patient and his patients paid off. After the match carrs face was disbelief like he was confused what the heck just happened
Carr was the aggressor but with nothing to show for it. He looked confused or just resigned to his fate.

OP
J
What are you talking about? I thought the Braeden Davis interview was great! /s
I enjoyed them too. Davis was fine. But to people who are NOT accustomed to watching a Wrestler, especially a Penn State interview. When an interviewer is asking an 18 yo boy "Did you expect to Win that match" and the response is a one word answer "Yes" with a long awkward pause and nothing to follow it up....it's odd.

It's just odd. Kerk gave an interview that matched his size and personality.....I think he was awake for it???

If you ever watch post matches with Dieringer....he's had quarter pound Nose Goblins valving in and out of his nostrils with his Manson Lamps in full effect. Again...to non wrestling people wathching for the first time....they're different. It's non an Alabama running back post Rose Bowl type response.

All kind of Ron Burgundy stuff "I don't know what to do with my Hands"

Just funny is all.

OP
J
The other big question: Starroci ????

He Tweeted Saturday night- basically "Thanks for your time Penn State...forever. On to the next Chapter"

Cael stated "Carter is not very happy with me right now"

What's that all mean? Carter bowing out fully and focusing on Team Trials next month and conserving every last spec of knee cartilage?

I enjoyed them too. Davis was fine. But to people who are NOT accustomed to watching a Wrestler, especially a Penn State interview. When an interviewer is asking an 18 yo boy "Did you expect to Win that match" and the response is a one word answer "Yes" with a long awkward pause and nothing to follow it up....it's odd.

It's just odd. Kerk gave an interview that matched his size and personality.....I think he was awake for it???

Yeah when you said interviews, davis and kerkvliet immediately came to mind..

the "/s" that I typed after my response means "sarcasm", in case you weren't aware.

OP
J
I was not aware. I didn't take it as chippy. But via keyboard and not over a beer...it's hard to convey Cringy. lol

Good kid.

I am glad I saw him Smile. He was jazzed up. Kinda got chippy with the slam in last few seconds and head shove. Not many Nittany Lions get that chippy. Nolf got pist off a time or two, but not common

I was not aware. I didn't take it as chippy. But via keyboard and not over a beer...it's hard to convey Cringy. lol

Haha all good man!

That being said I see a awa finals match at 165. Mitchell takes out carr and otoole handles hamiti. That’s my bid for the 1/4s at 165 and otool pins Mitchell in the finals. Otoole, mm, carr3rd& dean 4th.

That 165# bracket is stacked. Will be exciting to see those matches!

2-Stix

WKR

Good kid.

I am glad I saw him Smile. He was jazzed up. Kinda got chippy with the slam in last few seconds and head shove. Not many Nittany Lions get that chippy. Nolf got pist off a time or two, but not common
At the hand shake the kid tossed his ankle bands on Davis. Lol.

2-Stix

WKR
Guys under Cael sound like Cael just like guys under Tom sound like Tom generally. Most of the top D1 teams have pretty fired up coaches...the athletes seam a bit mellower. Just my general take. But it makes sense. I always wonder how mellow guys are at Iowa...like Alex marinelli in the past.

Idaboy

WKR
Yeah nothing mellow about TnT Brands. Incredible wrestlers and coaches, but they put so much extra pressure and make things seem like live or die....and ultimately you see many great Iowa wrestlers just melt down (like you can see with any wrestler at a high level). But the PSU vibe is pretty interesting......Cael is pretty quiet and closed about his techniques, but it's a completely different approach. He always talks about "having fun"....never heard Brands (or Gable) ever mention anything about fun!