Any new Left Handed rifles dropping at SHOT?

Title says it all. I wait every year for new left handed rifles. I have no personal contacts attending SHOT this year. And it's not like anyone really LOOKS for Left Handed versions unless they've got skin in the game.

Anything new coming to the US from Tikka in LH? Bergara has several new drops.....anything available Backerds?

gbflyer

WKR
I’m also interested. Given that sales to lefty’s are fewer than 10% and with less money floating around, I’d wager a no. Hope I’m wrong though.

Went to SHOT on a press pass once. It was fun. Didn’t even get to the tactical/LE side of things.

Loper

WKR
I was particularly interested in Browning’s SHOT Show Specials that they put out each year to see if there are any née left handed configurations for the X-Bolt. I took a look last night and was disappointed to not see anything listed in left hand.

Bfish22

Lil-Rokslider
I noticed some browning hells canyons offered in left hand on sportsman’s website yesterday, but none in stock in any caliber and not on brownings website. Not sure if this was an old offering or something coming up. I must say that at the $2200 listed that I’d rather build my own how I want it.

OP
J
Never owned a Browning. But I’m my opinion they are the worst at Click Bait. Advertise many LH rifles. I don’t think many/any are boxed and shipped out

gerry35

WKR
Talked with Browning on the phone the other day and there will be no LH Shot Show rifles. The only ones they are going to do this year will be the Hunter model according to the lady I spoke with.

Would like to see what Fierce and Weatherby come up with for 2023.

Mjmaida

FNG
I will follow this thread as I too am hoping to see tikka drop some left handed models. I wish Bergara would as well as that is very appealing for price but I just do not see it happening. Just recently bought myself a left hand 6.8 western browning Xbolt hells canyon which I love but am looking for another gun in a 30 caliber.

Mjmaida

FNG
^^^ meant to reference specifically the b14 hunter not a fan of adjustable stocks for hunting applications.

OP
J
100% Agree. I have a left HMR in 300 WM. It's a big stick. Love it. But it doesn't see the mountains much.

I just scrolled through the Tikka online. Geeeezus. That Lite Veil in 6.5 PRC is pretty Turn Key. Even shows threaded to 5/8-24. One PLease!!!

I wouldn't mind a 20" 308 threaded same either.

gerry35

WKR

This was announced a couple of weeks ago, includes some non Weatherby options as well. I'm hoping for a LH Weathermark myself but they do have a lot of options for us lefties.

OP
J
I'm kinda floored the Weatherby cartridges are still hanging on....they're soooo 1960's????

Beautiful rig. Looks 10 pounds stripped.

Had to look up the Skeena Valley. Drove from Washington state to Prince Rupert and back a few years ago. Was a fan of Smithers and similiar driving through in the daylight. Rupert was not really what I expected.

Wrongside

WKR
I just scrolled through the Tikka online. Geeeezus. That Lite Veil in 6.5 PRC is pretty Turn Key. Even shows threaded to 5/8-24. One PLease!!!
Now that is interesting. Finally, a LH sporter weight 6.5PRC from Tikka!

But, do they use a heavier contour on the Veils? Hopefully 7.1 pounds is a typo? Kinda like the 4+1 magazine capacity. 😉

OP
J
DIdn't catch that weight, but Randy was trying to assist me in getting a LH PRC via a LH Superlite Creed and a chop/thread. Doing the math, even pruning a Superlite to the end of the flutes doesn't leave enough contour to thread 5/8"

So it would not at all suprise me if the barrel contour is beefed up with that thread pitch. That's over a pound Eh?

gerry35

WKR
I'm kinda floored the Weatherby cartridges are still hanging on....they're soooo 1960's????

Beautiful rig. Looks 10 pounds stripped.

Had to look up the Skeena Valley. Drove from Washington state to Prince Rupert and back a few years ago. Was a fan of Smithers and similiar driving through in the daylight. Rupert was not really what I expected.
That's a lighter version of their Accumark and in the RPM rounds pretty light. Listening to the Weatherby podcast they are doing well and selling everything they make easily. Going forward though the RPM rounds will be the future for them.
The Skeena valley is beautiful, Smithers and Terrace are nice places. Rupert is a bit different for sure.

Wrongside

WKR
DIdn't catch that weight, but Randy was trying to assist me in getting a LH PRC via a LH Superlite Creed and a chop/thread. Doing the math, even pruning a Superlite to the end of the flutes doesn't leave enough contour to thread 5/8"

So it would not at all suprise me if the barrel contour is beefed up with that thread pitch. That's over a pound Eh?
Yeah. I'm a buyer if they'd just offer it in the plain Jane SL. We aren't allowed suppressors up here, so I'd prefer the lightest possible bare rifle.

gerry35

WKR
Those left hand Weatherby Apex rifles are 6.5 lbs in the 6 lug and 7.5 lbs in the 9 lug both with a #3 contour barrel. That's a lot lighter than the regular Accumark with the same barrel.
So far in Canada I've seen the 6.5 PRC Tikka CTR rifles offered but they are 8 lbs so might not be what you guys are looking for. Love the 4 round mags though, could come in handy for a nice custom 6.8 Western 😉