Any New Sitka Offerings Compare to the Sitka Down Hoody Original

BigSky

WKR
Can anybody tell me if any of the new Sitka Down offerings compare well to the original Down Hoody warmth-wise? I think the original was discontinued in favor of the "Lite". I have one and my wife wants one. She has actually confiscated mine while walking the dog, etc. However, she wants a solid color of her own and she loves my original Sitka Down Hoody. She won't like the newer Lite as I've tried it and it's not nearly as warm as she wants or needs.

As soon as the First Lite Chamberlin comes back in stock in black, I'm nabbing one for her. In the meantime, I may consider a Sitka, dependent upon any input I get here.

I can't tell anybody else what to type; but, I beg you, please, don't turn this into another "you know the mountaineering and non-huning blah, blah, blah". She and I are good there. Thanks in advance for any input on the newer versions, comparably speaking.

Kotaman

WKR
If you are talking about the Sitka Down WS, I don’t think they’re replacing it. And it never came in solid colors.

RAPTOR

WKR
You mean the original kelvin down? I don't think anything in a solid from Sitka compares. The down WS is a warm ass jacket though.

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Can anybody tell me if any of the new Sitka Down offerings compare well to the original Down Hoody warmth-wise?
You mean the original kelvin down? I don't think anything in a solid from Sitka compares. The down WS is a warm ass jacket though.
Well, yes, I guess that is what I attempted to ask. Apparently I didn't ask it well.

Bummer as to what Kotaman says about no solids on the newer WS version as, if it were nearly as warm, we would probably go that route for her. I assumed she was out of luck. She'll have to stick with her moutaineering stuff.

Thanks guys.

RAPTOR

WKR
Well, yes, I guess that is what I attempted to ask. Apparently I didn't ask it well.

Bummer as to what Kotaman says about no solids on the newer WS version as, if it were nearly as warm, we would probably go that route for her. I assumed she was out of luck. She'll have to stick with her moutaineering stuff.

Thanks guys.
Check out the Rover Down jacket from Sitka. Has windstopper and comes in solids. Might be just what you’re looking for

OP
BigSky

BigSky

WKR
Thanks for the response Raptor. Do you know anything about the "warmth" comparison with the original Down Hoody or have a personal opinion?

RAPTOR

WKR
I think the wind shear is going to add a bunch of warmth, but it’s not a big puffy sleeping bag type coat. I don’t have one and haven’t handled it, and I can’t see where Sitka says how much insulation is packed into it. Probably warmer than the Kelvin lite down and aero light.