Any of you used the MSR Trailshot Pocket Pump?

Luked

WKR
Getting ideas for some things for my hunt next year. Wasnt able to go this year.
Next year we are doing a base camp hunt so will have an outfitters tent to camp in but might spike out for a few nights possibly depending on what we find.
Want to get some type of pump system and saw this one and its pretty small and light but not sure if its worth the money or not.
Thought I would see if any of you all have used it.

nobody

WKR
I've used one for the past few years. Very lightweight and I haven't gotten sick yet, but it's slow. It's obnoxious to filter large amounts of water with it, but it doesn't take up a ton of space and it's light, so I put up with it. Solid little option.

xcutter

WKR
Not a pump but the Katadyn Befree is amazing compared to a Sawyer squeeze. Put the Befree on a Hydrapak seeker bottle. I have been very impressed.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Yeah I’ve used it. I would pass.

Get the new hydrapak squeeze filter, it’s the quickest flow I’ve ever seen from a hollow core fiber type. The Be Free is also good but started off slower than the hydrapak and Daly dropped off on flow for me after a year.

Northpark

WKR
I have one. It’s my go to lightweight filter. I used to use the sawyer squeeze but the msr is better and only slightly heavier

I've used one for the past few years. Very lightweight and I haven't gotten sick yet, but it's slow. It's obnoxious to filter large amounts of water with it, but it doesn't take up a ton of space and it's light, so I put up with it. Solid little option.
Agree with the above. Fine option for solo but it is painful for treating lots of water. For 2 or more peeps I like gravity set ups. For solo trips the MSR or a steripen are my go to.

Drenalin

WKR
Agree with most of the others, it’s handy to have and I’ll still use it in some instances. But pumping gets tedious.