Any regrets on getting Sig Sauer Zulu 6 16x42's

LFC911

WKR
I currently have a set of Vortex Razor HD 10x50's and got to use a pair of Z6 16x42's at OK TAC and was very impressed. I primarily rifle/bowhunt elk, deer and turkey, shoot 3-D and do some long range competitions out to 1000 yards a couple of times per year. Has anyone regretted going to the Zulu 6's at 16 power from a mid-priced 10x binoculars

IMG_3868.JPEG

Following. Did you happen to get a deal on yours at TAC?
I haven’t bought one yet. We borrowed one at TAC and my buddy bought one afterwards. We both got 20% codes at TAC, so yes we got a deal but haven’t used it yet. I called Sig Sauer this week to see if they had military discounts on optics and they offered me the same discount even though they don’t have an official program for optics. Probably going to sell my Razors after spring archery league and buy the 16’s

No regrets on it but I think if you plan to any extended glassing I would get a tripod mount like this or similar.

No regerts ;) from me. I’ve really liked them. I liked them so much I went and bought some 10x42s for my son/dad to help them. I seem to use them when just glassing as much as my Swaro. I still use those for actual hunting due to the ballistics. The sig aren’t as nice of glass, but that’s to expected with the price tag. But the higher power and stabilization makes me really like them when glassing for long periods of time.

I personally wouldn't buy one after looking through one at the store their image quality looked mediocre to below average compared to regular Binoculars. The biggest killer of the deal is SIGs 5 year limited warranty from date of manufacture not date of actual purchase so if you bought brand new old stock that had been sitting in a warehouse for years then your warranty may be already expired or close to expiry and not even realize it until after the fact when you pay to send them thinking you still have warranty then they tell you expired six months ago sorry but elee can give you a discount ti buy anew one from us. They don't and won't repair or service them past their five years from date of manufacture FYI. I inquired about some scenarios regarding electronics repairs since all electronics eventually fail and quicker when used out in the field in the elements during real world use and they said it's not false advertising because their 5 year limited electronics warranty from date of manufacture is posted on their website.

When paying that kind of Money, I'd buy from a company that's actually able to service and repair what they sell even just past their short term warranty but not so in SIGs case. They are disposable throw away goods.

No regrets at all. I love them. You obviously lose some in field of view but I think it’s worth it.

Back