Any rumors?

Caspar

Lil-Rokslider
was that up close with a bow? im not doubting you, just asking. i guess i have a hard time getting my brain to think like a deer sees. i feel like i stick out like a sore thumb and it drives me crazy.

Caspar

Lil-Rokslider
thats definitely close. i just cant get past the way it looks to me. if they made it in the subalpine pattern id buy it in a heartbeat. ive even thought about getting the jetstream jacket and wearing more layers to compensate but if im spending $700 on an outfit i dont want to have to compromise

Anyone find out if Sitka is looking at side vents down the road? They're missing the boat on not offering it in a couple of pants. Kuiu pants rule for hunting so far due to the features (vents). Their new Pro pants are very very nice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Anyone find out if Sitka is looking at side vents down the road? They're missing the boat on not offering it in a couple of pants. Kuiu pants rule for hunting so far due to the features (vents). Their new Pro pants are very very nice.

Hip vents are extremely low on my priority list when looking for pants, and I'm probably not alone. Certainly not a thing I would consider as determining who makes the better pair of hunting pants. I don't believe they are missing the boat on not putting vents in their pants.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think there’s a good amount of people for vents and those who don’t give them a high priority. Not missing the boat but could help sales if at least one pair had them.

ianpadron

WKR
Hip vents are extremely low on my priority list when looking for pants, and I'm probably not alone. Certainly not a thing I would consider as determining who makes the better pair of hunting pants. I don't believe they are missing the boat on not putting vents in their pants.

Since switching to pants with hip vents, that is a feature that I now consider non-negotiable

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
I have the inside scoop on all this stuff but I was sworn to secrecy.....:love:

Hip vents are a very nice thing to have, the same as pit zips.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Only time I see hip vents as an advantage is when you have picked the wrong pants for the conditions. When I have dressed for the conditions I'm in I've never needed them. Everyone is different, so keep venting on.

ianpadron

WKR
Only time I see hip vents as an advantage is when you have picked the wrong pants for the conditions. When I have dressed for the conditions I'm in I've never needed them. Everyone is different, so keep venting on.

So you're saying that you never go from cold to hot while hiking. Got it.

I think it's pretty apparent from the responses on the clothing board that hip vents have become one of the most important features for a dedicated hunting pant.

They are popular because they work.

Might not be your cup of tea, but acting like they are pointless shows that 1) you haven't used them or 2) are far better at maintaining homeostasis than the rest of us lol

Not to derail but does anyone make hip vents besides kuiu? I have a couple of pairs of attacks and really like the feature for what it is worth.

*zap*

WKR
Conditions change often and I like clothes that can be adapted as that happens....like a watch cap and I/4 zip top.....put on and close as necessary/remove cover and open zip and carry on....I probably do that a dozen times a day when aerobically active and then a down time/less active period happens or the wind opens up.

ianpadron

WKR
Exactly
Conditions change often and I like clothes that can be adapted as that happens....like a watch cap and I/4 zip top.....put on and close as necessary/remove cover and open zip and carry on....I probably do that a dozen times a day when aerobically active and then a down time/less active period happens or the wind opens up.

sneaky

"DADDY"
So you're saying that you never go from cold to hot while hiking. Got it.

I think it's pretty apparent from the responses on the clothing board that hip vents have become one of the most important features for a dedicated hunting pant.

They are popular because they work.

Might not be your cup of tea, but acting like they are pointless shows that 1) you haven't used them or 2) are far better at maintaining homeostasis than the rest of us lol

Nope. I get hot. And yes I've used hip vents. That's why I said they are extremely low on my list of priorities. Keep making assumptions, you know what that gets ya. Do they work? For a lot of guys, yes. For me? Eh, so so. I get way hotter upper body and dress accordingly. That's where I dump heat. Great if they work for you.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Not to derail but does anyone make hip vents besides kuiu? I have a couple of pairs of attacks and really like the feature for what it is worth.
Kryptek Altitude series pants have zippered side vented pockets, at least the Tora pants do.

Here in Alaska, I've used them from Kodiak to the Brooks range. I won't go hunting without a pair of pants with vents. It's an option I'd think a top-tier outdoor clothing company would offer on at least a couple pairs of pants. Until such time.....Kuiu.

Fjallraven offers vents as well.