Anybody watch state of the union?

tdhanses

WKR
Government subsidies are lucrative.

Other option is you pay higher prices as the consumer, sure you’ll complain about tax funds going to subsidies but you’ll also complain if they don’t and prices increase. I sold my first truck load of wheat in 1998 for the same price my grand father got in 1948. Farmers have been screwed for years and everyone complains when our grocery bills go up. Yes in the last 10-15 years prices have finally started to increase but what made farmers survive (those that did, 20 years ago we had many more) was increased yields and subsidies.

brsnow

WKR
Other option is you pay higher prices as the consumer, sure you’ll complain about tax funds going to subsidies but you’ll also complain if they don’t and prices increase. I sold my first truck load of wheat in 1998 for the same price my grand father got in 1948. Farmers have been screwed for years and everyone complains when our grocery bills go up. Yes in the last 10-15 years prices have finally started to increase but what made farmers survive was increased yields and subsidie.

Just don’t complain about food stamps and people on welfare.

tdhanses

WKR
Farmers get a better bailout than GM annually.
🤦‍♂️. Are you willing to pay double the price for groceries yet? Most are not. Ok so a farm makes $1.5million in rev and had $1.6million in exp, how long will that farm last? Oh but you say if they can’t reduce expenses that’s their fault, so they sell out to a bigger Corp farm is your answer. Before long we have 4 Corp farms controlling our ag commoditie. Oh yes less let China screw us and keep prices lower.

Did you look at the latest trade deal with China due to Trump? Oh but Kuiu costs $10 more now, 🤦‍♂️

I get it you don’t like farmers or better deals for Americans 😂

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
Just don’t complain about food stamps and people on welfare.

How do they put money back into the economy, they won’t or don’t work, what do they spend on goods? Don’t know a single farm that doesn’t help billion dollar industries and keep 100’s of thousands employed, show how food stamps and welfare help our economy at the same level as farmers and I’ll change my mind. But I get it, doesn’t matter, farmers are equal to people on welfare.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
. Are you willing to pay double the price for groceries yet? Most are not. Ok so a farm makes $1.5million in rev and had $1.6million in exp, how long will that farm last? Oh but you say if they can’t reduce expenses that’s their fault, so they sell out to a bigger Corp farm is your answer. Before long we have 4 Corp farms controlling our ag commoditie. Oh yes less let China screw us and keep prices lower.

Did you look at the latest trade deal with China due to Trump? Oh but Kuiu costs $10 more now,

I get it you don’t like farmers or better deals for Americans
Your solid gold. We make a deal that lowers exports but don't worry we borrow money to pick up the short fall and keep farmers happy.
Exports effect a lot more than farmers in this country.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
He could just pull the Hillary defense on however she got off of mishandling classified material. We have a precedent now.

Back to saving........I learned early on from my dad. He always said, "First give God his share, then pay yourself, and then pay your bills. If you don't have enough, then your bills are too high.......cut something out. But you cut from the bottom up, not the top down." Most people cut from the top, then they wonder why they have problems.

Amen brother. That’s my program too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savagenut

WKR
. Are you willing to pay double the price for groceries yet? Most are not. Ok so a farm makes $1.5million in rev and had $1.6million in exp, how long will that farm last? Oh but you say if they can’t reduce expenses that’s their fault, so they sell out to a bigger Corp farm is your answer. Before long we have 4 Corp farms controlling our ag commoditie. Oh yes less let China screw us and keep prices lower.

Did you look at the latest trade deal with China due to Trump? Oh but Kuiu costs $10 more now,

I get it you don’t like farmers or better deals for Americans

Commodities such as corn, beans and wheat are pretty much the only crops getting subsidies. Why is corn syrup in everything? Cause it’s cheap. Your average lettuce farmer is not getting subsidies.

tdhanses

WKR
Your solid gold. We make a deal that lowers exports but don't worry we borrow money to pick up the short fall and keep farmers happy.
Exports effect a lot more than farmers in this country.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I agree but this was specific to farmers, last I checked though our intellectual rights China has stolen has put out of work many here. There will always be some pain with hard choices, but in the end the hope is a better outcome.

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
Break it down per $ per recipient.

Ok and then put it down by industry they support and number of people they keep employed, only seems right to look at the entire picture. But there are only 330 million ish in our country, what’s that per citizen for each?

brsnow

WKR
Which changes what? Break down $$ those on welfare and food stamps put back in the economy

I think you would be amazed what jobs and contributions they make. Sounds like something you need to familiarize yourself with.

tdhanses

WKR
If being self centered is providing health food for your family without relying on others, then guilty.

Self centered to not care what food costs are for those that can’t, kind of hypocritical of you to have a bleeding heart for welfare and food stamps yet not for the majority of society. Oh and guess what if food costs double, guess who it’ll hurt the most, people on welfare and food stamp. Think about it, they don’t get an unlimited budget but a set amount to spend.

tdhanses

WKR
Commodities such as corn, beans and wheat are pretty much the only crops getting subsidies. Why is corn syrup in everything? Cause it’s cheap. Your average lettuce farmer is not getting subsidies.

When lettuce is able to be grown and used at the rates as corn, beans and wheat world wide that will change, lettuce is a hard to come by or keep fresh commodity and you’ll never see it grow in large scale nationwide. Also it isn’t as demanded as the others, therefore prices remain high.