Anyone catch the BROmar KifauKast?

HookUp

WKR
Was really excited to listen to Bowmar talk about nutrition on the latest kifaru Kast. He recommended no fruit ever, limited vegetables and if you can make it work the best diet of all is an all meat diet eating multiple pounds of meat and animal fats. I'm not sure what planet he lives on but his advice was horrible. According to Mr Bowmar cooking vegetables in a pan cooks all the nutrients out of them but his greens supplements a heavily processed supplement is the ideal vegetable if you have to eat them. Strong disappointment, anyone else listen to this gem?

Haven’t listened to it yet but that sounds like the carnivore diet that’s gotten more popular lately. Seems to work for him, doesn’t mean it will for you or others though

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I listened to it. I honestly can't take any fitness guru serious who says no fruits or veggies. This whole carnivore diet craze, like almost all diet crazes, is such nonsense. There are way more knowledgeable people out there with actual scientific credentials to take fitness and nutrition advise from.

Jbehredt

WKR
I can’t help but wonder what his arteries will look like after a couple decades surviving on meat and fat. I guess time will tell. Maybe we’ll get to hear a podcast about hunting after a sextuple bypass...

I can’t help but wonder what his arteries will look like after a couple decades surviving on meat and fat. I guess time will tell. Maybe we’ll get to hear a podcast about hunting after a sextuple bypass...
Eskimo/Inuit people ate like that for years and didn't start having heart disease issues until they got introduced to a standard american diet. There are plenty of people, myself included, who have switched over to the ketogenic diet and significantly improved heart health indicators all while getting over 50% of calories from fat. Diet isn't as simple as FDA tries to make it out to be, particularly their pushing of dietary fat avoidance.

wayoh22

WKR
If what you've said is true, that exemplifies what is wrong with our Health & Fitness industry right now. We have uneducated and uncertified people giving out nutritional advice to the masses. To say no fruits and vegetables is a horrendous blanket statement to slap on everyone listening to that podcast. Fruits have many micronutrients and fructose which is a perfectly fine sugar to ingest. Vegetables have a plethora of micronutrients as well and a balanced diet should involve consuming both and focusing on eating "colors." (red, yellow, green peppers; plenty of greens; dark vegetables (eggplant))

wayoh22

WKR

I wouldn't jump down that rabbit hole just yet. Science is pretty inconclusive on the many facets of meat/fat ingestion and what it does to us. When I did Keto (lost 70lbs in 18 months) my blood biomarkers were perfectly fine and I looked great. I've been off it for a few years now and my blood biomarkers haven't changed. So while that is anecdotal and should be taken with a grain of salt, let's not throw blanket statements on something. Some people thrive without meat (sadly) and some thrive with it (Keto, carnivore...etc). I think people need to realize they have to find a diet/lifestyle that works for them. Not what someone said over a podcast one time or based on something they saw on instagram. So if that's what works for Mr. Bowmar, then fine but you shouldn't base that on yourself since you are NOT him.

I have a hard time believing anyone. Heck eggs and coffee are bad for you in the odd years and good in the even according to scientific research.

To me processed anything is bad for you.
Couldn’t agree with this more. Processed food is the real problem.

I wouldn't jump down that rabbit hole just yet. Science is pretty inconclusive on the many facets of meat/fat ingestion and what it does to us. When I did Keto (lost 70lbs in 18 months) my blood biomarkers were perfectly fine and I looked great. I've been off it for a few years now and my blood biomarkers haven't changed. So while that is anecdotal and should be taken with a grain of salt, let's not throw blanket statements on something. Some people thrive without meat (sadly) and some thrive with it (Keto, carnivore...etc). I think people need to realize they have to find a diet/lifestyle that works for them. Not what someone said over a podcast one time or based on something they saw on instagram. So if that's what works for Mr. Bowmar, then fine but you shouldn't base that on yourself since you are NOT him.
My point is not so much that keto did that. I think weight loss primarily did that. My point was more that eating fat is represented as being a lot more harmful than it actually is.

Totally agree that optimal diet is hard to nail down and probably differs a lot from one individual to the next. Keto isn't for everybody.

Also, I've seen myself in a mirror, no shit I'm not Josh Bowmar ;)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm mean I've eaten lot different ways over the years but I've never looked like this.
I haven't listened to it yet, but did he actually say what he was describing was for long term health? Or is that something you read it to.
Some people dont care about long term. Theres only 1 Male ever in my family to make full retirement age. Doubt I'll be the 2nd.
This is Josh hes shredded.
5941930_300x300.jpeg

I'm mean I've eaten lot different ways over the years but I've never looked like this.
I haven't listened to it yet, but did he actually say what he was describing was for long term health? Or is that something you read it to.
Some people dont care about long term. Theres only 1 Male ever in my family to make full retirement age. Doubt I'll be the 2nd.
This is Josh hes shredded.
View attachment 103810
Not denying he works his ass off and probably has nutrition figured out at least as far as his own body goes but there's gotta be some genetics at play here too. Good Lord.

Not denying he works his ass off and probably has nutrition figured out at least as far as his own body goes but there's gotta be some genetics at play here too. Good Lord.

Haha, genetics or not. You dont get visible abs without a ton of work and having your nutrition on point.

I was just also pointing out long term and performance are or MAY be to different things.
Hes not old yet so how would he know if it works long term. I was just wondering if he actually spoke to that or ?
Like it pretty universally agreed suger is bad.
But I can pretty much guarantee that if ur out of gas and need to push up a hill. 90% people gonna say eat some gummy bears. So for performance that's the nutrition.

Steroids and a clean diet. And I'm not saying that with a negative connotation but rather as someone who has had several friends supplement with steroids over the years. I think guys would be really surprised to realize the number of shredded dudes that are on or have taken steroids, I promise it's a lot higher than you've ever thought.

As far as diet goes, stick with JERF and you'll be healthy. Just Eat Real Food.

chasewild

WKR
Was really excited to listen to Bowmar talk about nutrition on the latest kifaru Kast. He recommended no fruit ever, limited vegetables and if you can make it work the best diet of all is an all meat diet eating multiple pounds of meat and animal fats. I'm not sure what planet he lives on but his advice was horrible. According to Mr Bowmar cooking vegetables in a pan cooks all the nutrients out of them but his greens supplements a heavily processed supplement is the ideal vegetable if you have to eat them. Strong disappointment, anyone else listen to this gem?

Wait, you thought anything with Bowmar was going to be good?

Brendan

WKR
Steroids and a clean diet. And I'm not saying that with a negative connotation but rather as someone who has had several friends supplement with steroids over the years. I think guys would be really surprised to realize the number of shredded dudes that are on or have taken steroids, I promise it's a lot higher than you've ever thought.

As far as diet goes, stick with JERF and you'll be healthy. Just Eat Real Food.
While I thought it was a lot of Bro-Science, Josh has a pretty impressive fitness resume in drug-tested competition. So, I think he's a freak of nature, dedicated, hard worker, and not roids....

bowmarfitness.com/josh-sarah/

While I thought it was a lot of Bro-Science, Josh has a pretty impressive fitness resume in drug-tested competition. So, I think he's a freak of nature, dedicated, hard worker, and not roids....

bowmarfitness.com/josh-sarah/
I can believe that if that's the case.

Poser

WKR
Abs are aesthetics. If being in a beauty pageant is your thing, good for you. I personally don’t spend much time at the beach. In the world of performance, strength matters and it’s damn hard to increase strength beyond the novice effect without eating carbs. Doesn’t matter who you are or how many IG followers you have. So, cool... he has abs. Does that make him an authority on anything other than achieving a body fat that is sub par for optimal performance?

Abs are aesthetics. If being in a beauty pageant is your thing, good for you. I personally don’t spend much time at the beach. In the world of performance, strength matters and it’s damn hard to increase strength beyond the novice effect without eating carbs. Doesn’t matter who you are or how many IG followers you have. So, cool... he has abs. Does that make him an authority on anything other than achieving a body fat that is sub par for optimal performance?

It doesn't make him wrong.
Just specialized.

ahlgringo

WKR
I can believe that if that's the case.

Not taking anything away from anyone

BUT

If anyone has been around bodybuilding/strongman comps- they will tell you the “testing” is a lot of time, a total joke, and that athletes can easily test clean while using illicit substances. Size sells, strength sells, definition sells

Again, lots of guys out there doing it the right way, but also lots out there looking for an edge. I dont give anyone more “street cred” for personal accomplishments, especially if they are pushing for something that seems a bit off the wall.

If you think a high saturated fat and cholesterol diet is heart healthy- then go for it.

But I think youre nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk