Anyone else successful in the Utah Any Bull Rodeo today?

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
I started trying to get in around about an hour before the tags went on sale and was about 3000 in the que. Long story short I got in and bought my tag at about 11:50 Mountain time. the system said there were 4527 tags available at that point, so ~ 13000 tags sold in under 2 hours if their system was accurate. I'm sure they were sold out by 1pm at that rate.

My son and I both got tags, but what an utter shit show. He spent hours online and then got kicked out of the system when he was less than 100 in line. I made it all the way to the pay screen when I got diverted to a page telling me my browser wasn’t secure and had to go back in the queue again. Utah DWR should be ashamed.

03mossy

WKR
I was part of that shit show with 3 hunting buddies. Got booted off the system when I was down to #38. Got back in line and was 6,000 something in queue. Got down to #218 and it sat there for over an hour. While that seemed froze on got on my phone too at number 7,000 something. Then bam next refresh down to 1,000. Then my computer started moving again and I finally got my tag. What’s really weird is I was texting with the 3 other guys the whole time and the order kept changing of who was the closest to getting in. Swings of 500 at times. Goofy for sure.

Why the panic buy though?

Did Utah just become the happy hunting ground where all the elk at 7x7 and they beg to be shot?

OP
bbassi

bbassi

Lil-Rokslider
WAG on my part, but point creep in every draw, the fact that Canada is still closed to US hunters, and the late sale date after all the draws are done makes it a perfect storm. This was my first year applying in Utah but I have friends that hunt there every year they can. They clued me in on what it was like last year so I tried to plan ahead.

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
Thankfully I got my UT any bull tag a few months ago 😎

Crazy how the demand for tags has changed.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I got a general multi season tag. I don’t understand the demand for these tags. It’s probably the hardest hunt I’ve ever done. Like 10% success type odds………I buy one in the very off chance I see a bull while hunting deer where I hunt. Yeah

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Why the panic buy though?

Did Utah just become the happy hunting ground where all the elk at 7x7 and they beg to be shot?
They did cut like 15000 buck tags in the last 2 years. A lot more guys sitting out than usual…… I still don’t get the demand this bull hunt has to be one of the worst in the country

Sled

WKR
And they added 5000 tags this year!
2,500 actually. it went from 15k to 17.5k. they almost made it unlimited but went unlimited youth instead.

yes it was a shit show again. i left work to get mine at a store after waiting 2 hrs online. the login did clear up in the afternoon and they sold out just before 6pm which is later than last year. it'd be nice if they devoted one of those fancy bitcoin mines to the cause for a few hours to avoid the log jam. if i didn't know better i'd swear Revil was behind the poor functioning of the website but it's so consistently bad that it's just par for the course with utah's online services.

They sold out around 5:45pm. Yup, a complete mess. I got mine and my two kids.

Are the youth any bull tags unlimited now? I think I remember that being one of the changes this year, after I was stressing this morning haha.

SaltyUte

Lil-Rokslider
Yup! Got kicked from the queue three different times on my phone but got one around noon when I got back to my computer. There were around 1500 left at noon.

2,500 actually. it went from 15k to 17.5k. they almost made it unlimited but went unlimited youth instead.
That’s right. But they added 2500 spike unit tags too didn’t they? I thought they both sold out, but I could be wrong.

Sled

WKR
Spike tags dont go on sale until next week.

splitting up the sales dates has helped the system have less traffic but it would appear they didn't do anything to beef up the website's ability to handle the traffic. udwr is using the garden hose when they need the 6' culvert. since this is a small time period that the additional bandwidth is needed, they may just opt to go to a full draw for any bull tags. that would be a shame but might be the way things go.