Anyone else’s credit card get compromised after applying for Montana?

Mine got it for multiple large purchases that weren’t me almost immediately after applying.😕

Wondering if maybe there was a connection there and a problem with MT FWP site security. Curious if anyone else had this happen.

Its happened to me twice now after applying in NV. I think once after applying in UT too but I dont remember for sure.

johnsd16

WKR
I finally did my MT app yesterday and within hours had that card start to get fraudulent activity. Fortunately the CC company caught all of them but it’s annoying. More than anything though the wife is pissed because it’s the same card that got hacked on Black Friday after buying a safe from tractor supply (another hunting related thing of course). It is the card she uses for most of our autopay/recurring things so it is a ton of work for her to go in and update the card for probably 10+ things. I have my inreach and like one other thing.

Anyhow, I’m pissed at MT as I’m not the only one this has happened to. It seems that maybe online dirtbags are onto application season. I now want to get a card essentially dedicated to applications/points/tags and my hunting related subscriptions.

Any tips on good cards where there are good cash back or hunting related points. I don’t like basspro/cabelas. Anyone have a scheels card?

wapitibob

WKR
More than anything though the wife is pissed because it’s the same card that got hacked on Black Friday after buying a safe from tractor supply (another hunting related thing of course).

Card got hacked in Nov and you're still using it in March?

MThuntr

WKR
I can't confirm however 1 week after I applied for Deer and Elk permits, my CC was hit with fraud. A week is a long time in the world of fraud charges so I won't blame FWP.

Erict

WKR
I finally did my MT app yesterday and within hours had that card start to get fraudulent activity. Fortunately the CC company caught all of them but it’s annoying. More than anything though the wife is pissed because it’s the same card that got hacked on Black Friday after buying a safe from tractor supply (another hunting related thing of course). It is the card she uses for most of our autopay/recurring things so it is a ton of work for her to go in and update the card for probably 10+ things. I have my inreach and like one other thing.

Anyhow, I’m pissed at MT as I’m not the only one this has happened to. It seems that maybe online dirtbags are onto application season. I now want to get a card essentially dedicated to applications/points/tags and my hunting related subscriptions.

Any tips on good cards where there are good cash back or hunting related points. I don’t like basspro/cabelas. Anyone have a scheels card?
So how do you know for sure it was your MT application that cause the issue? (I used my cc for my MT application this year without an issue).

johnsd16

WKR
So how do you know for sure it was your MT application that cause the issue? (I used my cc for my MT application this year without an issue).
Only thing we used the card for that day and in just an hour or two the charges start appearing.