Anyone ever sell a car to Carvana or Carmax?

After the dust settled the final offer came in $400 under the initial offer and its another $500 to have them pick it up. We've got the option of delivering it to their location but at the end of the day its not worth my time to spend half a day with 2 people to bring it to the metro. All in all for what the market seems to be on them its more than any other offer had been on it and trying to sell it private party netted literally zero interest.
I'll definitely keep them in mind in the future for this type of thing.

I sold one through Carvana and it was seamless, as long as you represent the car well. They were there for less than 15 mins, drove the car, handed me a check for the agreed upon price, and loaded on their transport truck and drive away.

I put my 2021 4Runner TRD Pro on CL and FB Marketplace for $49k, which was on the higher end of private party value from KBB and Carfax. My Carvana offer was $41,800, which was more than any local dealer would offer. I had some company in TX https://texasautovalue.com/ reach out to me and offer me $46k and I got them up to $47k. They said they would fly in tomorrow, meet at the bank, pay off my loan, dot the i's and cross the t's and drive away. If I were you I would have them give you a quote and see what they say?!? If I'm not responsive after 1pm tomorrow you know why lol. Google review are 5 Star and almost 7k of them.
Just closed the deal with Texas Auto Value and will say it went as smooth as butter! Highly recommend getting a quote from them before you sell.

We sold one through Carvana. Super easy. Got exactly what was expected as we were super honest on the condition representation. As Doug above said, 15 minutes and we were done with a check in hand for a car that didn't have a note.

Summer of 2022 I sold a truck to Autonation. They offered about $10k more than I paid. Carmax & KBB offered much less.

My beat up truck is apparently woth $2800 to Carvana, $2900 to Carmax, and Edmund TMV trade in was supposedly $4800. Private sale was $5800. The closeness of the CV and CM quotes suggests that I discribed the truck similarly. The Edmund's TMV prices came from the same app as the CM quote. Will see what reality is next week.

My mom passed away in early 2021. So I listed her almost brand new Nissan Altima with 5000 miles on Autotrader and Craigslist for $24k. With the way the used car market was going during covid, I figured that would be a real fast sale. I had it listed for months and kept getting low-ball offers from dealers around the country for around $17k, and a few others like Carvana etc for around $20k. I finally just took it to our local Carmax and they gave me just over $23k for it on the spot. Way more than the next closest offer.

I have sold 2 to carmax, got less than selling it myself but more than I was offered for trade in.

Back