Anyone live in Kenai Alaska?

Okay place to live? Looking at jobs there. That area seems to have more opportunities for fishing than hunting? Im more of a hunter than a fisher but can adapt. Just curious to get folks opinions on the area.

Thanks,

It is a decent spot to live. There are plenty of places to hunt within an hours drive (and some much closer). The Snowshoe Gun Club is a great range. Kenai and Soldotna together give a very populated and well resourced area by AK standards.

It is number 4 on my list of places to live in AK, primarily because I like mountains and dislike having to drive 1 hour to get into them.

It is a decent spot to live. There are plenty of places to hunt within an hours drive (and some much closer). The Snowshoe Gun Club is a great range. Kenai and Soldotna together give a very populated and well resourced area by AK standards.

It is number 4 on my list of places to live in AK, primarily because I like mountains and dislike having to drive 1 hour to get into them.
Out of curiosity what are your top 3?

Thank you.

Out of curiosity what are your top 3?
Valdez, Seward, and Homer, in that order. All are smaller and less convenient then Kenai, but you have mountains and ocean without too many people and are not on an island or having to go through Canada to access anywhere else.

If one does not mind the added cost of travel with an island, than the SE has a lot to offer.

I’m here let me know what you want to know. I was raised here, lived in Anchorage to attend college, moved outside for 3 years and moved back as soon as I could. What field are you in?

Do you have any opinions on Kenai? Just assuming, but based on your response to @Marbles i feel like kenai shouldn’t be #4 on the list?
Not really, no. I lived in Ketchikan for 10 years, live in Montana now, but am considering going back to Ak but I’m just not sure where I’d go. Trying to figure that out

Lots of fun to be had in and around Kenai. I've spent a few weeks on the peninsula in Homer over the last few years and I normally head up to Kenai/Soldotna fairly often for fishing and building materials. Fairly built up area but it doesn't take long to get away.

Back