Anyone make a BDC reticle like ZEISS?

I have an HD5 with their 600 yard BDC version of the below image. The numbers on the side take a mental step out of the process when you are about to take a shot which helps in hunting situations.

They stopped making them years ago. It’s the only reticle I’ve seen with numbers but isn’t overly complicated. Anyone find a comparable reticle?

c76b03f3d6ebf3b87f4cb6efa609494d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Not exactly the same but you might consider a used Bushnell LRTSi with G3 reticle or LRHS/LRHS2 with G2H reticle.

First photo is the G3 reticle, second is the G2H.

If interested there’s a person selling one of each in the classifieds currently.

Attachments

• IMG_7558.png
    IMG_7558.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7559.jpeg
    IMG_7559.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 12

Macintosh

WKR
Are the numbers moa or mil, or are they supposed to correspond to range (200m, 300m, etc)?

Wapiti1

WKR
Only ones that I know of anymore are the Pride Fowler scopes which is where Zeiss got their reticles from. Unfortunately, Pride Fowler doesn't make the scopes they used to, and what is available is made in China. They are not bad, but are not on par with the Japanese ones they offered previously.

The Burris ballistic reticles are probably the closest with no numbers.

Jeremy

Macintosh

WKR
I ask because the reticle numbers do not appear to be evenly spaced, so between that and the “I have the 600 yard version of this reticle” comment I thought it indicated it wasnt mil, that the numbers were supposed to be yards or meters. I really dont like reticles like that, but I have seen bushnell has a couple that are somewhat similar—a basic crosshair with minimal yardage hashes out to 600 yards. This one appears better in that it has hashes for range inside the 100-yard marks which addresses one shortcoming of this type of reticle, but doesnt address the main issue which is that the hashes never match the actual drops at the labeled distance in the first place. If this is that type of reticle maybe the OP can check out those bushnell reticles and see if they’d work. This is the 800 yard version of the reticle im referring to. I had a 600 yard one. The idea is ok, I just found it wasnt nearly accurate enough at those ranges.

I’d personally greatly prefer a 1/2-mil or moa hashed reticle and just use a dope card—it may not be quite as fast but its noticeably more accurate when you get out past 300 yards or so.IMG_2640.jpeg

Last edited: