Anyone paint parking lots?

I'm looking at getting into parking lot striping as a side gig but have some questions I'd like to ask someone that's currently doing it or has done it in the past.

If you're in the business please shoot me a PM if you'd be willing to discuss things.

Thanks

Kindo

WKR
Not exactly what you're looking for, as I have never done it. I had a buddy in college do it as a side gig and he did pretty darn well for something he could fit in here and there before/after classes and on weekends.

He'd just cold-call or stop by local shops in our college town and offer a price that the owner couldn't refuse.

Laramie

WKR
I'm looking at getting into parking lot striping as a side gig but have some questions I'd like to ask someone that's currently doing it or has done it in the past.

If you're in the business please shoot me a PM if you'd be willing to discuss things.

Thanks
I have some experience- feel free to PM questions.

Elk97

WKR
I did quite a bit of it along with other commercial property maintenance (about 20 years ago). PM me if you like.

Around my neck of the woods the only ones I see doing that are asphalt sealing companies that redo the stripes after they reseal the parking lot. The combination of the two businesses seems like a pretty good way to go if possible since if the stripes need to be done the asphalt probably needs to be sealed too. might be different in other climates though, but something to consider.