Anyone removed the foam and block from a Tikka Stock?

eamyrick

WKR
Messing around with the idea of a lightweight tikka. Was considering a short 308 superlite cut close to the flutes and started messing with my 30-06 T3x and noticed you could remove foam and a block from the stock. A ounce savings but the stock definitely has a hollow sound. Anyone tried this? Crazy?

IMG_7097.jpeg

Motown

WKR
Have not tried this with any of my Tikka SL’s and with only that little bit of weight savings I don’t see the point either. I’d rather have the extra ounce instead of a hollow sounding stock.

Overwire

FNG
The T3’s didn’t have any foam. Can’t say the lack of foam on the T3 has ever bothered me or even crossed my mind during use compared to my T3x’s.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I thought about it but never tried it. At 1oz, I’ll probably not bother though. Good data here though.

They used to come from the factory that way and guys would fill the stock with foam and/ or grocery sacks to get rid of the hollow sound. I wouldn't do it.

ljalberta

WKR
It just depends what’s more important to you, shaving an ounce of weight, or having a less hollow sounding stock. I’ve used it both ways. No other difference.