Anyone see this guy?

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Am I completely missing some special use lottery where shooting a caribou with a rifle is legal along the Alyeska Pipeline/ Haul Rd? WTF...view this vid from 17:35 and behold what is clueless, or set me straight please.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I watched that a while back and I thought he stated that they hiked to the "rifle zone" where he shot his caribou?

DLIP

Lil-Rokslider
They said they were on the rifle line in the video. If that’s the case, I’m assuming they must have been close to the oil fields because I don’t know of anywhere on the haul road that you can be five miles from the road and see the pipeline/infrastructure that clearly. Right there is about the only spot it could make sense. It’s the closest the pipeline ever is to the rifle line that I know of.225F27D1-188C-44DB-9ECF-CC679DBC25A0.jpeg

Last edited:

mcseal2

WKR
Also saw that. He earlier talked about hiking in past the 5 mile buffer but the pipeline is right in the background during his shot?

I saw another YouTube video of his talking about the best OTC elk hunts or something like that. I didn’t watch more than a few minutes of it. For some reason it just didn’t seem to appeal to me.

Mt Al

WKR
He had me with the cool hair and over shoulder bow carry.

I watched the video with zero knowledge of where the pipeline was in relation to legal/not legal, and honestly thought it was a great video, well done self planned hunt "I've never even seen a caribou". Hope he didn't break the law, but if he did....gotta suffer the consequences.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Had he missed, it looks like one of those buildings, or the pipeline itself, would have stopped the bullet from traveling dangerously across the tundra. 🤨

bpurtz

WKR
I don't know anything about the hunt or area, but doing a quick search on the Prudhoe Bay No Hunt Zone I found this map - looks like the pipeline is less than a mile from the rifle zone & no hunt zone. See the Red X on the map.

Edit - looks like DLIP posted the same general area above...

Prudhoe Bay.jpg

Last edited:
OP
L

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Pretty interesting. No plans to taddle tail I was just curious if I missed something. He did seem thorough in his explanations and attempts.

You see and hear of all kinds of stuff happening in Alaska.

From a production perspective the sound, sound effects, B roll, tempo, overall videography and tone of message were all very well done. That surprised me. I think they did a stellar job of capturing and displaying their actual experience. I've seen far worse. It clearly was a team effort though and I think the other guy deserved some air time as well.

Last edited: