Anyone swimming?

Scoot

WKR
I keep wanting to mix it in. However, I HATE being in cold water. ... and to me even moderately warm water is still cold. Most pools are downright chilly to me. I know... I'm a wimp. So I just keep on doing bike, elliptical, running, hiking.

Vaultman

WKR
I keep wanting to mix it in. However, I HATE being in cold water. ... and to me even moderately warm water is still cold. Most pools are downright chilly to me. I know... I'm a wimp. So I just keep on doing bike, elliptical, running, hiking.
I know the pool I have been at feels really warm. They keep it at 82°. The first time I went I thought I was in a boiling stew!

I have the same thoughts on lap swimming. Its something I don't have much experience with and I have a hard time as well being an efficient swimmer. So I will start to add this once a week on active recovery days, thanks guys for starting this thread. Gave me a little more motivation to go and do it. Time to work on this weakness

Kauffy

FNG
I started lap swimming twice a week a few months ago. Great way to improve cardio with minimal joint issues, same with road biking. It made me realize what a horrible swimmer I was but there are great YouTube videos out there for technique. A good way to pass the time mentally is going through your gear list.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Wingnutty

FNG
Been swimming regularly for about 7 years. It’s great for overall muscle and cardio but I don’t think it is as good for pack hunting than rucking and lifting. I still try to swim 2x per week but it is tough because to get a really good swim workout takes at least 1 hr in the water and that doesn’t count the 15 minutes of getting there/going home on either side of the workout.

When I swim I try to do 1700-2500 yards with some heavy sprint and butterfly components - I typically swim 200-400 meters of fly in my workouts for shoulder and core strength benefits.

I run 25-30 miles per week on average. I’ve started swimming 50 laps in my pool twice a week. It’s great cardio and really helps my joints. All that running definitely works on the knees/hips/back but the pool makes it feel better.

I used to hate swimming. Cold water and all. Then I bought a house with a pool and added a heater to my pool. No more cold water for me!!

fatlander

WKR
Surfing. Better workout than I could possibly voluntarily do in the pool or gym. If you aren't near a beach you can kayak to get similar fitness, but unless you are paddling up river it is tough to push yourself as hard as you do everytime you go surfing.

Surfing is by far the most fun activity you can do while pushing yourself to exhaustion. Anything else is type 2 fun, but surfing is actually fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk