Anyone used limb legs?

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
I've used a type of bow stand for turkey hunting, but has anyone used limb legs such as the mathews engage for mountain hunting? As much as i dont like the thought of added weight, I'd think it would be handy to set your bow down for a quick break, etc, without having to lay it all the way down on the ground and have to pick it back up. Any experience?

I use one all the time, except for hunting unless it's a ground blind.

I just set bow down on the side. The legs will easy fold and are a pain in any kind of brush.

Wheels

WKR
They are great for when you’re shooting at the range, but add a lot of vibration noise when you shoot. I do use them for blind hunting for whitetails at close range, but they would be a pain carrying around the mountain.

NB7

WKR
If you're just looking to set it down for a second while you glass, check your gps or take a drink, just use an S hook attached to your pack belt. Hang it on the end of the S hook via the D loop and it will hang balanced and right in reach

Fowl Play

WKR
I use a single strap hook from the Montana Bow Sling kit attached to the top frame of my pack. Easily tucks away when not in use. I have mine set up to where I can hang my bow from the riser near the limb when glassing, resting, whatever. Or hang it at a 90 degree angle to my body from my grip to take the majority of the weight of the bow off my left hand for longer hikes. Single hook takes all the weight and transfers to your pack, just need to lightly stabilize the bow with your left hand.

Actually if anyone wants the other hook & strap I still have it. You only need one.

Last edited:
I've been experimenting with using one spot and stalk hunting. On the positive side, I feel like there is an advantage for stalking. When crawling or staying low there's always what do you do with your bow? I hate the idea shoving the bow in the dirt with every inch of crawling, and I've had a few instances where animals came to me quicker than expected. Much less movement to go from standing on legs to shot ready than picking it up from flat on the ground.

2 Big negatives I've found, be really careful about uneven ground. Being careless I knocked my bow over at least every other day. Other one is going through brush the mathews legs can unseat themselves. I'm sure I'll lose them by accident one of these times.