Anyone usinga Kni co trekker stove?

Been looking at box stoves for camping and cooking on in the cooler months. Realistically I don't and probably wont backpack in miles anywhere to camp. I thought about picking up the kni co trekker stove. But I can't find much on them for reviews. They state the weight at 10 lbs, so a little more than double a titanium stove. Anyone use one? Am I going to like a titanium stove at more than double the price? I use a luxe octopeak for a tipi.

I use a knico packer stove in my 10x10 outback lodge that I added a stove jack to. I know it’s not quite the same thing, but packed with wood it’ll hold heat for 3-4 hours or so when you damp it down... this is with regular wood, I have yet to put a energy log into it - I’m sure it’ll probably burn a little longer. It’s also fairly airtight - when I close the damper and air vent it’ll go out fairly promptly.

If you’re not packing it in I see no reason to go with the titanium stoves over this style(or heavier). You pay a ton of money for the weight savings of titanium that you won’t really benefit from. Just keep in mind that duration of burn depends largely on the size of the firebox. Those smaller ti stoves will only burn for 1-2 hours, maybe 3 tops with good wood and the larger models. If you’re looking for all night heat you need a big stove, and the more airtight it is the better.

MAVinWA

Lil-Rokslider
Based in WA, OTC archery public land in AZ, UT, so
I use Kni Trekker when camp near vehicle in my Tut. Works very nicely, very happy with it. Stacked up, good burn going with a 6" round in and dampened down, it will be cool by morning but usually have a coal or 2 to get fire going again.
unlike my Outdoors Lite backpack stove, the flat top is nice to cook on, reheat food or boil water.