Anyone wear just a merino sock?

I usually wear a thin poly sock liner and a merino sock. I have a pair of boots that are just a bit too snug when I do this so I have considered just wearing the merino sock. Anyone just wear a merino sock with good results?

peterk123

WKR
Me. Never a problem. It's all about not fit. If you can lock your heels in you will never get blisters. I have never in my life had one. I have a boot that can only take a thin sock because any more and my big toe will bump. Never an issue. And the sock is ultra thin.

Never worn a liner sock in my life. Last 4 seasons (whitetail, upland, elk, etc…) it’s been a pair of Darn Toughs. I do always carry a spare pair if my feet get sweaty. Best part is you can turn them side out to dry and wear them again. With 2 pairs you can rotate for a few days easy.

I only wear liners in my duck waders..I find that after getting set up before daylight then sitting till dark keeps my feet warmer for the day...I hate rubber boots...Leather boots never used liners.

Mag_7s

WKR
The most comfortable sock I have ever put on are merino FITS. They keep my feet very happy. The only draw back to them is durability. They don't last all that long, usually get a season out of them. Lately I have been using Farm to Feet. They are pretty good, just don't have then comfort of the FITS.

Maverick1

WKR
Like many on here, I haven’t worn double socks in a long time. Elk hunting = Smartwool socks, midweight. Any other hunting without a significant amount hiking or movement = heavyweight or expedition weight wool socks.

another vote for just one pair of wool socks. I used to use smartwool, but they started coming apart and getting thin very quick. Ive tried the REI wool socks when they go on sale, but Darn tough seems to be the best by a mile.

As other have said, they have varying thicknesses, and i choose that based on the boot ill be wearing (summer or winter boots, sneakers, etc).

Jbxl20

WKR
Darn tough socks. I like the darn tough spur boot cut for September and switch to heavier socks for colder weather. I’ve never tried a liner but i keep Leuko tape with me on backpack hunts.

Ive never had more than one sock on my foot my entire life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RCB