Anyone wearing RW Iron Rangers, Nicks Americana/Falcon

I've been looking at these 3 boots for some time now. I was originally set on buying a pair of the Iron Ranger boots till I started to read more on boots overall. I've been to the RW store and tried on some Iron Ranger and did some walking around the store. I've watched every video I think I can find on YouTube on these 3. I've read quite a bit as well. I do like the idea of some folks in Washington making, by hand, a pair of boots for me out of some fine leather and materials. The reputation of the Iron Ranger is stellar and known for long term durability and comfort. I've spoke to a few folks that have the Iron Ranger and both report great comfort. Sounds like the Nicks will be a break in like no other. The break in for the Iron Ranger sounds like it's tough, but not Nicks tough. Interested to hear if anyone in here has any experience.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I wear Redwing Iron Rangers for work, I did not notice a break in period, at the time work was 12 hour ED shifts and on at least half of them I would not sit down for most of the shift and would log about 10,000 steps. I like them as a dress boot.

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I have worn this pair of Iron Rangers 2-3 times a week for about 7 years. I alternate my boots daily (so they can dry) and store them with shoe trees in. My bits have been lasting many years longer since I started doing this! Still have a decade or so on the soles. They are the slick rubber soles with cork mixed in. I am an engineer so while I do some machining, grinding, welding, etc I also spend a lot of time at my desk standing. They are extremely comfortable after a day of work.

I have 3 other pairs of Red Wings and the Iron Rangers were by far the most painful break-in.

Here they are 4 years ago. As you can see they’ve had a rough life 😂

R3QysoE_d.webp