Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Guide

WKR
Joseph has a pretty good story about his brother at about the 18 minute to 20 minute mark on his latest full podcast (Characteristics Every Hunting Rifle...). Shows what kind of hunter Aram is and parallels the current saga in a fashion...

Jay

Ucsdryder

WKR
Sounds like he’s a member on monster muleys mules, not sure he name though. There’s a thread on there, minus the memes. He hasn’t participated.

Fatcamp

WKR
This whole thing is distasteful. Along with what I witnessed during early archery and the latest content on YouTube I'm just not sure I can continue to hunt mule deer.

They are under so much pressure and the ethics of those involved in the chase are so selfish and so disrespectful, I'm just not sure I want to be a part of it anymore.

Learning about mule deer over the last 8 years has been an amazing experience, but the respect I have for them makes the things I'm witnessing hard to stomach.

Wingnutty

FNG
These poor big mule deer don’t even stand a chance. Opening day and two groups vying for the same deer at daylight from long range? Honestly I just feel sorry for the deer, generally disgusted and glad I don’t hunt like that.

It’s this type of crap that does the most damage to our sport. Way too much competition for some stupid antlers and bragging rights.

IdahoBeav

WKR
These poor big mule deer don’t even stand a chance. Opening day and two groups vying for the same deer at daylight from long range? Honestly I just feel sorry for the deer, generally disgusted and glad I don’t hunt like that.

It’s this type of crap that does the most damage to our sport. Way too much competition for some stupid antlers and bragging rights.
Oh, it still happens on the small bucks. It just doesn't get all this attention. A significant portion of animal kills that people find and believe to be from predators or winterkill are actually rifle-wounded animals that eventually expired and were never recovered. Some weren't even searched for and were thought to be missed.

Huh ? You're real man. Where I'm from dude gets slept for his actions and doesn't get the deer.
Triggered a bunch of you, didn't I?!

Wasn't there something about name calling and such?

Maybe her man should have taken care of the situation. Seems like he was right there and didn't do much to stop Mr von B. I wasn't there, but I'm not going to let some dude steal an animal from my lady (if that's what happened).

Either way, I quit caring about the time it sounded like her man had to operate the gun for her. I believe anyone, man, woman, child, don't care should be fully able to operate their firearm. Just propping someone up for a shot is unfair to them in the long run. Her comment about not getting out much isn't conducive to being 600yd competent, either. And they would have found the deer... Maybe, maybe not. I think most of us have lost animals.

Unfortunately for this chick, some other nitwit was about and they crossed paths. If she hadn't choked, the buck would have been dead right there. Game over.

This guy sounds like a dip shit but it also sounds to me, by their two accounts, that she hit it first and he finished it off. I don't have any emotion over it, sounds like the finisher takes the deer. I'm not sure of the legal intricacies of that though.

Maybe they should have contacted a warden on the spot to sort it out. That's a missed opportunity.

Ucsdryder

WKR
This is from outdoor life…

Thanks for writing in. I’m aware of this situation and am digging into it. I’ve contacted both parties to get their full stories and will follow up with DWR as well.

—Alex Robinson, editor-in-chief

Oh, it still happens on the small bucks. It just doesn't get all this attention. A significant portion of animal kills that people find and believe to be from predators or winterkill are actually rifle-wounded animals that eventually expired and were never recovered. Some weren't even searched for and were thought to be missed.
Sadly, this happens regularly in WA during general deer.

There are two groups in the general area I hunt whose entire philosophy is to throw lead within 800 yards and then drive them down with ATV's & Side-by-Sides.

No disrespect to the guys that are truly proficient at long range, but at a certain point you're well outside a Mule Deers entire arsenal of natural senses and defenses.

Its getting bad out there.

I read both sides of this fiasco and the most likely conclusion in my mind is that there's another buck dead somewhere on that mountain. With three dudes in his crew behind likely very expensive optics, they would have seen a damn collar on the deer. With a 700+ yard shot and not enough time to even range the deer, he also probably didn't get an accurate reference for where his got hit. He went over to the general area, busted one after talking to the couple, and ASSumed it was his. Then came the "I guess mine had a super obvious collar on when I shot it". Absolute amateur moves from start to finish and shows that his only goal was to check the box towards his calendar slam.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Its getting bad out there.

I read both sides of this fiasco and the most likely conclusion in my mind is that there's another buck dead somewhere on that mountain. With three dudes in his crew behind likely very expensive optics, they would have seen a damn collar on the deer. With a 700+ yard shot and not enough time to even range the deer, he also probably didn't get an accurate reference for where his got hit. He went over to the general area, busted one after talking to the couple, and ASSumed it was his. Then came the "I guess mine had a super obvious collar on when I shot it". Absolute amateur moves from start to finish and shows that his only goal was to check the box towards his calendar slam.
With DWR involved I’d love to see them go check because I thought the exact same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.