Arca Swiss Window Mount

Hey all,

I run my spotting scope and outdoorsmans bino adapter for my 10's on sirui TY-70A plates which fit the arca swiss system on my Sirui va-5 head for my tripod. Does anyone have any recommendations on a window mount that takes arca swiss plates so i wouldnt have to take my plates on and off to mount my spotter and adapter to a window mount?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just add something like this to your window mount
6dacfb8ecdb9a800d29fcc2845a8554f.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

ericF

WKR
Vanguard just came out with two different versions within the last year. A pan head and a ball head. I just bought the Ball head version at Cabelas to cash in on gift cards and AJ. I haven't even opened the package yet though so I don't have any feedback.

Vanguard Veo2 Pan Head

Vanguard Veo2 Ball Head

Gonewest

WKR
Just add something like this to your window mount
6dacfb8ecdb9a800d29fcc2845a8554f.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I did this a year ago. I put one on a Manfroto window mount and one my tripod. I added an arca mount you the bottom of my va-5 head. Nope I can quickly switch my head between my tripod and window mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
I dont' have time to look right now but, buy the bottom part of this(several different available) then get another va 5 head or arca compatible head or your liking and screw it to it. simple and a good window mount set up is great to have if you glass from the truck much.

OOps to much of a hurry to paste what I wanted. Here is the bottom I meant. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...MIhfSa9cG-7AIVh8DACh0C7gP3EAQYAiABEgLEV_D_BwE

Last edited:
I took the Head off my Vortex window mount . And used the factory head from a Promaster 525 Cf Tripod ( upgraded to the Promaster SPCH20 head ) and screwed that to my Vortex window mount .

I keep the VA-5 on my tripod and use an RRS BPC-16 Panning Micro ball on my generic window mount. TY-70A plates on binos and spotter let me swap in and out quick and easy. My spotter is a Kowa 554, so weight is not an issue, though the head has a 5# capacity.

RRS gear is a bit spendy, but their engineering and execution is perfection.

www.reallyrightstuff.com/BPC-16

Last edited:

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Had a leupold window mount. Unscrewed the head and screwed on my benro head. Find a window mount with a 3/8-16 stud and screw on whatever head you want

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
I run the outdoorsman window mount and quick release on my sirui va-5. Just swap them from tripod to window.

rcalmus

FNG
what did you end up with as the best combo?

I am currently in the market for something of caliber. Wanting to try and keep the over height of the mount and head down as much as possible.