Arca Swiss with pic rail rifle mount

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So for all the lightweight guys, do you see much of a benefit for this? You can still run a bipod front mounted all the time and you still have the ability to pull the mount onto an arca Swiss Tripod. It’s front mounted, so you can’t support 100% of the guns weight (you can but I definitely wouldn’t do it often). I found if your in a sitting position you can just let the gun butt drop all the way to the ground, if you need to move around and leave it mounted.

I made the spacing go from 1.2” up to 3”. It bolted right up to my HS precision stock. It weighs just a little over 1 ounce and is made out of 7075 F4CCEDE4-5410-4608-9AE2-8286418CEE13.jpegFD304723-E76C-4D64-99E4-B5B995EF9B51.jpeg

I just picked up a magpul bipod for use with the pic rail. To me this seems simpler than using a ton of random adapters to go from pic rail to arca or the other way around. I am adding a sling stud to it this evening.

carter33

WKR
What is the overall length and are you willing to sell a few? It is a great concept, based on the picture it looks like the arca rail may be just a bit forward of its ideal location.

ckleeves

WKR
I like it. The arca may not be in the ideal location but for the rifles that only occasionally get shot off a tripod it would be handy to have it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ya I agree, the arca location is forward from what it would ideally be, but i have noticed it allows me to get more comfortable with the tripod, because it is further away. I've found it a little awkward trying get the legs situated right when it's up close to you, but it does hold less of the weight of the rifle. I "preload" the tripod forward just like with a bipod, leaning into the butt of the gun which makes it more stable for me.

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any chance you could make those with a manfrotto plate instead of arca Swiss? I’d take 4 if so and ya plan to sell any?

Thats the kind of questions I'm looking for! Shoot me a PM and we can work on getting sizing for a manfrotto! Fingers crossed its narrower than an arca swiss otherwise I'll outgrow the material stock!

Goose2345

FNG
I can’t seem to figure out a pm technology is not my friend! But I measured a manfrotto base it measures 1.665 and looks like the arca Swiss I have is like 1.492 would that be too much extra material needed to work? They are kinda an odd shape I’d be willing to send ya a base to copy if you’d be interested?

OP
Salmon River Solutions

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I believe you need 10 comments to be able to pm someone. Go try to make some positive and helpful posts and then you will be able to message me! :)

Matt79

Lil-Rokslider
Your a mad man in your shop!...Awesome work, once I get a tripod ordered for my swaros, I’ll be looking you up for a mount for the rifle.