Archery and Hunting have no place in the schools

Stalker69

WKR
If the drastic way how country has ( is) being ruined is any indication, and it is, not only hunting is doomed but our entire society is. It will eventually be like living in he'll.

How many schools still had these types of programs? Not saying it's not disappointing, just wondering what the real impact is or if it more symbolic.

87TT

WKR
The libta*rds keep whining and crying about kids accidentally shooting themselves or others. But Heaven forbid you teach them safety.

Interesting. My kids have been in schools with strong FFA and 4H programs, but I've unfortunately never seen archery in school. Is it taught by volunteers or do they typically have teachers with the requisite experience?

MattB

WKR
Sounds like the Dept. of Eduction head is misinterpreting part of the BSCA. Hopefully they come to their senses and reverse the decision.

LostArra

WKR
Interesting. My kids have been in schools with strong FFA and 4H programs, but I've unfortunately never seen archery in school. Is it taught by volunteers or do they typically have teachers with the requisite experience?
NASP has a coaching program. Sometimes teachers, sometimes outside volunteers. Locally, some schools have NASP within 4H. It probably starts with a teacher or parent with archery interest.

There are some very small rural schools in Oklahoma who produce some very competitive archers in the NASP tournaments.. the kids are probably deer killing machines in the fall.

Marble

WKR
How many schools still had these types of programs? Not saying it's not disappointing, just wondering what the real impact is or if it more symbolic.
I'm in Northern CA and the local school has always had archery during PE in the spring.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I was in FFA all 4 years of high school. We had a full metal shop and even a school farm. I even took hunters Ed in FFA class. This was in a decently large city which is why the school district could afford a 25 acre farm for us. I went to college in a smaller town and my friends couldn’t believe the stuff I got to do in high school, couldn’t believe that I went and trapped gophers in 4th period then ran off to math class. They’d never even heard of FFA. While I don’t like this proposal it doesn’t surprise me. Unless you’re in rural America these programs just aren’t very popular.

We even put together a high school trap team. Somehow the ag teacher got the school to pay for shells and targets, can’t imagine that happening today though.

IsThisHeaven

Lil-Rokslider
Trap is a pretty popular high school sport in Iowa.