Archery Pants

JeepG20

FNG
How many seasons do you expect to get out of the cloths you wear during archery season? Specifically your pants. What brand are they, thank you for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
How many seasons do you expect to get out of the cloths you wear during archery season? Specifically your pants. What brand are they, thank you for any input.

I’ve said it on here a few times and it always ruffles some feathers, but I see ZERO advantage in a 200-300 dollar pair of pants from Sitka, first lite, kuiu, etc over a 20 dollar pair of Gerry pants from Costco or 25 dollar pair of wranglers from Walmart. I’ll buy into the technical pants for late season when the elements are an issue, but in September when it’s 50-75 degrees as long as they’re synethic with some stretch that’s all you need.

Bloodsoakedberber

Lil-Rokslider
I've been trying to destroy a pair of eddie bauer guide pros for a few years now and have been unsuccessful. They're inexpensive and pretty durable so I should be good for several more years.

11th season with my original Kuiu Attack pants. I have one small patch of tenacious tape.

Samson7x

WKR
Rollin with my kutanas for four years now I think. That's turkey, whitetail, elk, and general use. They are tough.

cjdewese

WKR
I’ve said it on here a few times and it always ruffles some feathers, but I see ZERO advantage in a 200-300 dollar pair of pants from Sitka, first lite, kuiu, etc over a 20 dollar pair of Gerry pants from Costco or 25 dollar pair of wranglers from Walmart. I’ll buy into the technical pants for late season when the elements are an issue, but in September when it’s 50-75 degrees as long as they’re synethic with some stretch that’s all you need.
I'm on season two of the Wal-Mart Wranglers with some stretch and they have been through quite a bit of whitebrush and manzanita along the way.

From experience, the kuiu attack pants are the best hunting pants I’ve owned. They don’t snag or rip, and don’t stain with blood.

Ive got 4 or 5 seasons so far on my Prana Zions and I wear them to work at least once a week throughout the year, so they get plenty of washing. Still in great shape. Now that they have gone back to the original material, I'll be picking up more. I've got at least that many seasons on my KUIU attacks, but don't wear them that much compared to the Pranas. I try and get at least 3 days during the season out of each pair before they are too funky to wear any more.

Lytro

WKR
I have 5 pairs of Kuiu attack pants, but always wear the same pair on all my hunts over the past 6 years. No holes or tears in them, and blood washes out clean every time. The only failure I've had is one of the back pocket zippers no longer closes. They've been great for me, but I could see their fit being an issue for some people.

Norm555

WKR
Kuiu Kutana pants are the toughest ones I've found. I've had a pair for several years with plenty of brush busting and they are holding up like new.

OP
J

JeepG20

FNG
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I have the Skre pants and have 5 seasons. I tore them this year and I was curious how long brands were lasting. Thanks

adamm88

WKR
I have a pair of sitka timberlines that are probably 5 years old, i dont wear them when its hot but when im
Still hunting riffle they are my go to.

For those early season days when temps are in mid to high 70s or higher I use light hiking pants.

I only wear pants if they've demonstrated that they are compatible with the pack's hip belt I am using.

North Face makes some hiking pants that are sub $80 (I've purchased some for ~$40 NWT).
Patagonia makes quality pants as well in the same price range.
As does Prana.

North Face Paramount
Patagonia Quandry/Altvia

Wrangler and Kuiu attack pants. All solid colors so I can wear them year round. Wore 1 pair of attack pants this year during archery elk for 8 days straight with no problems and very little smell. Changed to another pair for the last 3 days.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

FORLOH - 100% made in America with a lifetime warranty!

I have three seasons of elk and mule deer hunting in my stone glacier dehav. lite pants and they still look brand new. Other than blood stains of course. Love the velcro and belt design on them

Wrench

WKR
I destroy at least one pair every 15 days. This year I saved $350 and tried the $20 wranglers. They held up as well as any.

To be fair, in north Idaho a dog has to back up to bark and diving straight down a mountain could have you naked in about 100 yards.

BuckRut

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of King's XKG Draft Pant on clearance this last winter and it has been my go to this fall.