Archery target for inside.

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I am almost done setting up my bow tuning/fly tying/rod building room. I have all the space outside to shoot, but looking to do all my paper tuning inside so I have quick access to my press and vise. I am wondering what you guys do for a target for inside. Looking for something cheap, or something I can make.

i shoot 520g axis arrows moving at 275fps, if that effects target choice.

cheers

Several of the cheap layered targets fastened together to thicken them up. Have two setting back to back, screwed into plywood on the bottom and a 2×4 running top center. Got them on clearance from one of the chain stores.

Screenshot_20200406-131511.png

Something like this. You can also use some threaded rod and boards to draw the layers together tighter. Gives more stopping power. Might be able to get by with a single target if you do that.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I have never used a bag target. Would that be a decent cheap option? Which bag if so?

stonewall

WKR
i have a layered foam target like above in front of a worn out bag target on my bench (blackout, redhead brand). both are kind of shot up. it works fine on light poundage bows. but put a couple holes in the wall with my hunting bow so for it i have to use my rinehart 18-1 now

I have a hurricane bag target for indoor use. I shoot 500 grain axis at about 265 into it and it doesn’t penetrate much at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished repairing the drywall in our living room due to arrow damage. I would not go with a bag target lol.

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I wished I had a walkout basement. Bring the matrix inside and out without having to go up and down stairs.

4rcgoat

WKR
Cardboard box STUFFED with old clothes (no buttons or zippers) wrapped up with tape or stretchy wrap. Tiny dot on it somewhere to gently place your arrow.

I am almost done setting up my bow tuning/fly tying/rod building room. I have all the space outside to shoot, but looking to do all my paper tuning inside so I have quick access to my press and vise. I am wondering what you guys do for a target for inside. Looking for something cheap, or something I can make.

i shoot 520g axis arrows moving at 275fps, if that effects target choice.

cheers
Could you post pics of your bow tuning building room? I working towards setting one up as well

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Could you post pics of your bow tuning building room? I working towards setting one up as well

hey buckwild. My press is getting shipped as we speak. When I have that I will send you a bunch of pictures.

Randonee

Lil-Rokslider
My Hurricane 20 bag target has worked great for indoors at short distances. I’ve had issues with other bag targets, but no issue at all with these. I shoot most days at mine and they last almost a year. It helps to turn it around every now and then. I also spray paint it white and use a black sharpie to draw 3/4” target spots all over it so I’m not shooting in just a few locations on the bag. The same bag is also available in larger sizes.

One thing that would play a factor in the style of target would be arrow diameter. A layered target will stop a larger diameter arrow faster, a bag target absorbes the impact. Bags don't work the best for bareshaft tuning, or outserts since they can grab on anything that is larger than the shaft. Halfouts aren't bad with them.