Good archery target

Jon_G

WKR
Looking for recommendations for a good archery target. I have a Morrell's yellow jacket but they're too soft and I've had to leave 2 field points inside because I couldn't get them out and that's with using a Double D's magnum arrow puller. I'd like to stay under $200. Since I am new at archery, I'd prefer a target with circles to shoot at so I can have the same exact reference point to shoot at every time. But if it's an animal 3d target I'll make it work. If you have one for sell in decent condition let me know. Thanks a lot for your input.

I do most of my shooting into a cheap bag target and just replace the outer skin when it gets shot out. I also have a Rinehart 18-1 but save it for broadheads and for taking to hunting camp.

Muskykris

Lil-Rokslider
Bigshot targets

I have the extreme 500

By far the best targets I’ve witnessed. Prior to buying mine I shot my buddies 500.

Him, his brother, father and me all shot high speed crossbows into it and our compounds…for years!!!. 2 finger pull.

I honestly can’t say enough about them.

aachey

Lil-Rokslider
I know its above your price range but the Rhinehart woodland series is around $250, my mini elk took around 3000 shots until I decided to finish it off with broadhead shooting. I recommend an arrow puller though. Shots not in the "vitals" can be quite difficult to pull. That's with a 450gr arrow around 285fps.

entropy

FNG
Agree with K1United. I have thousands of arrows in two different Bulldogs, both still going strong. For broadheads, I'm a fan of my Sevr target.

I don’t shoot every day year round but block targets have done well for me. They’re not the easiest to pull but fairly durable.

Muskykris

Lil-Rokslider
Now that we are into broadhead targets… blob is my top pick

Bulldog has been mentioned a few times looks similar to the extreme 500 👍🏻

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 24" 365 archery target that I have been very happy with. The center where you shoot is replaceable and I have gotten about a year out of it using both broad heads and field points before I needed a new one. Its light weight and the size is nice to shoot out at far distances. I think the 24" is right at $200 and the center cube has different size dots on each size like you were hoping for.

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for the 365 targets, my shop started carrying them after only having rinehart and I think 365 is there main seller now. I have a 24” and really like it

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
Bigshot targets

I have the extreme 500

By far the best targets I’ve witnessed. Prior to buying mine I shot my buddies 500.

Him, his brother, father and me all shot high speed crossbows into it and our compounds…for years!!!. 2 finger pull.

I honestly can’t say enough about them.

Awesome Thank you this sounds intriguing!

Jpsmith1

Lil-Rokslider
Save a few extra bucks and buy a Matrix target.

I've shot the living h**l out of mine and haven't even had to replace a module, yet.

Yeah, they're north of $300 but they're rock solid with super easy arrow removal to boot.

rclouse79

WKR
I have just been sticking with the original block target. It seems like I can get through a season of heavy shooting before my arrows start going through. I save my old ones so I can put them around the target I am using to make a backstop.